Walker Cup 2021

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The Walker Cup starts tomorrow and is on Sky.

I'm looking forward to seeing Seminole which is one of Florida's more exclusive courses. And of course watching the top amateurs play never gets old.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't normally bother but there is a young lad from Northumberland, Matty Lamb, who is playing so there is a local interest. Never met him, don't know him but he has been in the local golf magazines since he was about 12 so it is interesting to see him progress. Only heard good comments about him as well which is nice.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is where that lockdown charity match was played last year with Rory, Dustin etc. Have to say I was underwhelmed with Seminole then, maybe it was the nature of the event and reduced camera numbers. Will be interested to see how it looks this time.

Reactions: Zig

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I couldn’t believe it looked like it did, looked like any old resort course but wasn’t paying much attention to greens etc Hopefully it will be a better watch this time

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like to watch it and even more so this year as Ben Jones is playing - first player from Northants to ever make the side.

D

Deleted member 1147

This is where that lockdown charity match was played last year with Rory, Dustin etc. Have to say I was underwhelmed with Seminole then, maybe it was the nature of the event and reduced camera numbers. Will be interested to see how it looks this time.
I think the fact it was soaking wet during that “match” made the course play very one dimensional.
But it’s dry now, so running better.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think the fact it was soaking wet during that “match” made the course play very one dimensional.
But it’s dry now, so running better.
That was the match with Tiger & Phil featuring Tom Brady at a different venue where it was chucking it down all round. Weather was good at Seminole match.

D

Deleted member 1147

That was the match with Tiger & Phil featuring Tom Brady at a different venue where it was chucking it down all round. Weather was good at Seminole match.
It had rained heavily the night before and so there was no run on the fairways or greens

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The course is certainly interesting. A large square of land surrounded by property on 3 sides and the Atlantic Ocean on the other. A links with lakes that appears to have no rough but a fair bit of waste land.

It looks as if every inch of it is manicured, and it must take an army of staff to keep it that way.

I read that seeing it on tv doesn't do it justice, you have to walk it to appreciate it, which makes sense to me.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
The course is certainly interesting. A large square of land surrounded by property on 3 sides and the Atlantic Ocean on the other. A links with lakes that appears to have no rough but a fair bit of waste land.

It looks as if every inch of it is manicured, and it must take an army of staff to keep it that way.

I read that seeing it on tv doesn't do it justice, you have to walk it to appreciate it, which makes sense to me.

From the little I saw it did look great didn’t it, love the lack of rough and chipping from one side to the other. Players seemed to know putts were going in from five feet out

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

I couldn’t believe it looked like it did, looked like any old resort course but wasn’t paying much attention to greens etc Hopefully it will be a better watch this time

Such an uninspiring looking course

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2020/0...rry-van-gerbig-taylormade-driving-relief.html

https://golf.com/travel/5-things-seminole-golf-club/

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/na...minole-golf-club-and-soon-golf-world-will-too

If I'm ever over there & I can get on I'm playing; if it's good enough for Ben Hogan, it'll do for me. :)(y)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lad from my club was selected but got injured and had to pull out, gutted for him. Few were going over to watch, alas I cancelled my sky so can't watch any of it.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
GB & I are doing ok here.

Americans 1 up trying to get a dodgy drop, last match on 18. Ref told them to poke it, advantage GB & I.