Wales (WHS) Golf App

albie999

Visit site
Trying to understand how/if I can add scores to the WHS App for other courses I have played (with a group), away from my home course. I have not entered any comps at my home course yet, asat the moment, usually when I am playing, I am as a 1 ball, so without a playing partner on these sessions, am I able to add in a score?

I have taken a look around the app, on the web, and it does not seem to have an option to input. I have downloaded the Android app, but again ... it is not easy to understand, and not real details about how to use it, how to submit a score, or if it needs to be countersigned

Any help from my fellow Welsh players :)

albie999

Visit site
Can you see the 4 buttons at the bottom of the page?

3rd one from the left, "Enter a score". Then follow the buttons... "create a scorecard" .... brings up a list of local courses. Don't bother trying to find an English Course, you won't see any.

Thanks Ian, I did spot that .... but did not know if I needed to then get it signed off, as when I went to "download", it then said I HAD to enter a score, so was not sure if I could cancel

I played the Monmouthshire on Saturday, looked for that, and it is not showing correctly .... does not seem to be a way (in the app) of contacting Wales Golf

1629275348606.png

albie999

Visit site
You need to nominate the intention to enter the score before you tee off... so if doing an away card, talk to the Pro in the shop when you sign in.. they will talk you through it!
Ah ok, so it is not something you can do in hindsight? Suppose you couldn't as you could then choose which ones you want to count

Just need to get hold of Wales Golf now to see why the Monmouthshire Golf Club is not being listed correctly

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Yes, for the reason you state...

I think you need to be in the proximity of the course to see all the info for it... on the assumption you'd key it in after playing. Not 100% certain as I haven't entered any general play cards.

Was it Peterstone you joined? That's been in great condition this season.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah ok, so it is not something you can do in hindsight? Suppose you couldn't as you could then choose which ones you want to count
Further:-
A score is acceptable for handicap purposes if the round has been played:
l In an authorized format of play (see Rule 2.1a) over at least the minimum number of holes required for either a 9-hole or an 18-hole score to be
acceptable (see Rule 2.2),
l In the company of at least one other person, who may also act as a marker (subject to satisfying any other requirements of the Rules of Golf),
l By the Rules of Golf (see Rule 2.1b),
l On a golf course with a current Course Rating and Slope Rating, where length and normal playing difficulty is maintained at a consistent level (see Appendix G),
l On a golf course during its active season.
In addition, the player’s score must always be certified in accordance with the Rules of Handicapping (see Rule 4.4).
If one or more of the requirements set out above is not met, the score is not acceptable for handicap purposes.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Just need to get hold of Wales Golf now to see why the Monmouthshire Golf Club is not being listed correctly

You get the option to enter the scores in for each hole as you play it or at the end. If you are playing with up to 3 others (who are also friends with you on the app) it will recognise their details and you can all enter a qualifying score for the 4 ball. You will still need to nominate one of them as a marker and they will be sent a message to verify the score. You will also be asked to physically sign for the card using your fingernail.

For some strange reason, none of the Celtic Manor courses are showing on the app.

albie999

Visit site
I used to play golf with Julian when he was a junior at Newport! Good bunch of lads there.
Should I mention you when I am there next. Yeah Julian, really nice guy ... and he is trying to expand (not size wise) the course, new clubhouse and a plan on what to do with the course .... :)