VW Emissions action - result

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Signed up for a class action ages ago (guessing at least 2-3 years back?) when the emissions scandal broke.

I'd given up hope of ever hearing anything, but just got an email from the lawyers who were pursuing it, saying that VW, while not admitting liability, have made an offer in settlement, which has been accepted, and they will be sending me a cheque for £1700, happy days!

Hopefully one or two others on here will be getting a payout as well.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Signed up for a class action ages ago (guessing at least 2-3 years back?) when the emissions scandal broke.

I'd given up hope of ever hearing anything, but just got an email from the lawyers who were pursuing it, saying that VW, while not admitting liability, have made an offer in settlement, which has been accepted, and they will be sending me a cheque for £1700, happy days!

Who did you sign up with? I went with Slater & Gordon and it’s nearly three months since the last update.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Good on you.. I am not sure if I signed up.. so not expecting anything

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just had an email from Slater and Gordon -
“Since our last email we've concluded identity checks and are pleased to share that we're now in the process of printing your cheque ready to be delivered to your registered address.

Rest assured, your cheque will be with you in the coming weeks. You do not need to do anything further and there is no need to contact us as this will potentially cause unnecessary delays. “

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just had an email from Slater and Gordon -
“Since our last email we've concluded identity checks and are pleased to share that we're now in the process of printing your cheque ready to be delivered to your registered address.

Rest assured, your cheque will be with you in the coming weeks. You do not need to do anything further and there is no need to contact us as this will potentially cause unnecessary delays. “

Same - in my spam, so thanks for the heads up.