Vokey SM7 help

Pull

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m looking to replace my 10 year old vokey’s with the sm7s and I’m struggling with the many grind and bounce options... I’ve done the vokey selector however I can answer the questions slightly different and get vastly different results.

I’m looking at a 50/54/58 set.

50 - I’m set on this for 8 bounce and F grind, will probably use for low chipping around the green

54 - will be used for 3/4 shots from around 20-70 yards generally with a square face. I think I’m set on 54-10 S grind but not entirely sure

58 - will be used for around the green, flop shops and bunkers generally any shots under 20 yards where the ball needs to fly higher.. this is the one I’m struggling to sort.

Would it be best as a low bounce option (m grind 8 bounce) or a higher bounce option (d grind 12 bounce) as they seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum?

My course is usually firm and the bunkers are generally well sanded but generally more firm than fluffy.

Any help would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member 23344

The K grind is magic for getting out of bunkers.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m looking to replace my 10 year old vokey’s with the sm7s and I’m struggling with the many grind and bounce options... I’ve done the vokey selector however I can answer the questions slightly different and get vastly different results.

I’m looking at a 50/54/58 set.

50 - I’m set on this for 8 bounce and F grind, will probably use for low chipping around the green

54 - will be used for 3/4 shots from around 20-70 yards generally with a square face. I think I’m set on 54-10 S grind but not entirely sure

58 - will be used for around the green, flop shops and bunkers generally any shots under 20 yards where the ball needs to fly higher.. this is the one I’m struggling to sort.

Would it be best as a low bounce option (m grind 8 bounce) or a higher bounce option (d grind 12 bounce) as they seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum?

My course is usually firm and the bunkers are generally well sanded but generally more firm than fluffy.

Any help would be appreciated.
With low bounce on your 58 you may struggle with sand shots.
Even with firm bunkers as long as you can take the divot of sand I think the higher bounce gives you more options.
It’s better out of thick rough as well imo.
And it gives you a choice considering your other two choices.

Pull

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There’s no Titleist Thursdays within 2 hours of me unfortunately..

I think I currently run a 56-10 and 60-7 (bags in the locker at the club) and use both out of the bunkers like depending on lie and sand and seem to get on ok.

I do like the idea of higher bounce on the 58 however I’m concerned when faced with tight lies that more bounce may cause the odd thinned shot which I know I’m prone too

Pull

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There’s quite a few online and at a reasonable price which is what’s drawn my interest.

Ive just watched this Vid which was interesting having the man himself go through the different options