visiting South Wales

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello to anyone in or near to Pembrookshire, is their anyone?

I'm taking my Mum to visit her old stomping ground near Fishguard. I deliver her on the wednesday 6th July and bringing her home on the Sunday. (I'm staying too, but think I can sneak out early one day)

My clubs of course will be squeezed in somewhere, and wondered if any one would be free to play. :)

I have been to Priskilly forest a couple of times and Newport, when it was 9 holes, a long time ago.

Any course that should not be missed? it's a 6 hr drive so I feel i'll have earnt one game. :D :D

robbest3offthetee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not to near Pembroke,But more than welcome at my club(Parc GC,Gwent),Just outside Cardiff,If your looking for somwhere nearer,try Ashburnham, Tenby (great links),Carmarthen,nice parkland course...

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
Thank you for that, bit too far to your place, but Carmarthen looks good.

Although coming from Lincs, and not near the coast, maybe I should give a Links course one more try.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is Burry Port near Llanelli any good? If so, this Links course is supposed to be the nuts:

http://www.ashburnhamgolfclub.co.uk/

I've been bugging her to play there, but to no avail yet! :(

Looks to be an hour of so from Fishguard. Seems reasonable to me :D

Oh and She said, she might be able to put in a good word at the pro shop if you decide to play, so let me know and I'll see what I can do.

you should feel right at home driving around South Wales though, I'm led to believe the roads are just like they are in Lincolnshire. :D