14 go to Wales (apologies to E Blyton)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our society 'distant event' last weekend, this year in Wales as we couldn't get a package together at a sensible price for Spain.

Travelled by minibus, all the gear in a trailer and with a driver (barry of the big blue minibus) for the weekend. Left at 6.00 Thursday and were in Bagnor for 11.30

We played North Wales on Thursday afternoon, - squeezed between the railway track and the sea, a fairly gentle intro to the weekend, mostly dry and the lightest winds all weekend (though you still knew they were there) but unfortunately while I could get it off the tee (mostly), I'd forgotten how to putt (if it's not one thing . . .)

Friday it was both courses at Nefyn, the Old is serious stuff, with some tricky holes especially in the rising wind and intermittent rain. The Old has more than its share of blind holes and a coastal footpath full of more than the usual bunch of mindless idiots - you wouldn't stand that close at a pro event. My game continued as I had left it Thursday, some good tee and irons accompanying too many putts. (Nefyn is slightly odd, 26 holes, two 18's but you play the same 1-10 for both)

Saturday and the killer, St Deiniol (hereinafter Brokenback Mountain). That course is brutal, especially played in a half gale and intermittent rain. Many steep hills to climb pulling an inordinately flimsy hire trolley - forget hitting a ball afterward, I needed oxygen! Yet another course with my pet hate - too many crossing tees, even a couple where you're supposed to play alternate tee shots. It turned out to be a course too far for me as I had already played a medal on the Wednesday.

By way of compensation we found some decent food at pretty reasonable prices. One thing though, while the curry at the Royal Tandoori is good stuff, DO NOT get their draft lager. The tap might say Carlsberg but I doubt they would ever recognize it.

Next year we're looking at Villamora, so anyone know how we get 3 nights/4 rounds for 12 - 16 in September without paying silly money?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Book it yourselves Steve.1 big villa would cut cost straight away and contact the courses yourselves and try and do a deal for the golf.

We did Carvoiero 2 years on the trot and booked everything ourselves in June with 14 in a villa so 5 nights was £75 a man,flight was £125,car hire £10 a head and golf was around £200 for 4 rounds.