Using the back of the glove as a visual.

19thagain

Head Pro
Visit site
HELP!

I am a mature golfer, being playing for many years but I think I have let a bad habit creep into my play.(Possibly more than ONE!)

When I start my back swing with my driver, after the first foot of movement, I turn my hands round so that the badge at the back of my glove(right handed)now faces the sky, with my elbow tucked into(ish) my right side. The club face now also points to the sky and I do, however, make an OK contact, straight but tends to be a high rainbowish shot. My distance is not what it was and I wonder if the loss is in the hands rotating at impact getting the face square again?

I should say that I feel this could be the same with my irons as I am having problems both in distance and target hitting but can't really feel the same swing pattern with the shorter club as I can with the driver but I do tend to turn my clubface towards the Heavens on my backswing.

Your thoughts please.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
On your backswing, as your hands reach about waist height, try and feel the toe of the club pointing at the sky, You should feel your right thumb on top of the shaft, not on the side of it.
Hope this helps

19thagain

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for taking an interest in my problem and Bob,I will try and incorporate this 'toe of the club' feel in my swing tonight and Stanny, I will watch and hopefully learn, from your video selection as, by pausing them, I can see Tigers hand position through the stroke.

Thanks again!