Using Garmin Vivo 4 watch as golf gps.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going to try using this again tomorrow, do I need to have my watch synced to my phone and in the bag ?

I never had much success using this watch before.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Vivoactive 4?

I've been using mine as a golf watch for 3 years now and it's been faultless.

Download the course (from the garmin connect app, not the garmin golf app bizarrely). Then just make sure your phone and watch are connected when you start the watch app up, it'll then sync and open the course.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
When I had a vivoactive and needed to use phone sync, the garmin app often had to have the course/s deleted and re-downloaded in the phone as the sync would fail
Not a big deal but annoying, it still happens on my wife's non-golf garmin watch so I reckon its not fixed, even when only one course downloaded

Also it didn't like more than 4 courses being downloaded at any one time and wouldn't sync

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I have a Fenix 5 and have used it as a golf watch since I got it a few years ago, I agree with the above comments and would recommend if you are changing to a different course I would carry my phone with me (had problems after a couple of holes) but if the course has been played previous not a problem.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking at getting a Vivoactive, do you get emails and WhatsApp notifications when using golf GPS and does it sync walk to Strava at the same time also if you so desire? Cheers

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Looking at getting a Vivoactive, do you get emails and WhatsApp notifications when using golf GPS and does it sync walk to Strava at the same time also if you so desire? Cheers
.if the phones in your bag and connected you get notifications which can be bloody annoying but you can disable them from the watch.

Mine automatically syncs the activity to strava - which I have to be careful about if I've snuck off work early to play 🤣.