US Open Qualifying, Walton Heath, May 16th

D

Deleted member 25172

Will miss that one, but have already taken the day off to go down to Royal Cinque Ports for final qualifying for The Open on July 4th. Never seen "proper" golf before so quite excited. Hopefully the weather will play ball!

evemccc

Visit site
Very envious of @Lilyhawk and @stevieb15 - I’m unable to take time off for either, Deal I really love, and also enjoyed WH a lot… and would like to see how the elite players get on, on those courses —- as when I played at Deal and WH there wasn’t an elite golfer in sight 🤪🤣

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Will miss that one, but have already taken the day off to go down to Royal Cinque Ports for final qualifying for The Open on July 4th. Never seen "proper" golf before so quite excited. Hopefully the weather will play ball!
Did you do any of our forum meets at RCP ?

If you've not been there you'll just love the course, I prefer to Royal St George's

D

Deleted member 25172

Did you do any of our forum meets at RCP ?

If you've not been there you'll just love the course, I prefer to Royal St George's

Sure did! You were the first one from the forum I ever introduced myself too at Princes! :D

My relationship with RCP is a love-hate kind of one, as it's the course that have kicked my butt the most of any course I've ever played. In 2 rounds at RCP, my combined stableford points total comes to 28, and I believe around a dozen lost balls... :D

evemccc

Visit site
Sure did! You were the first one from the forum I ever introduced myself too at Princes! :D

My relationship with RCP is a love-hate kind of one, as it's the course that have kicked my butt the most of any course I've ever played. In 2 rounds at RCP, my combined stableford points total comes to 28, and I believe around a dozen lost balls... :D
I’ve played it twice — the first time I played (ball striking) horrendously — and the second quite well. I still find it one of the hardest courses I’ve played - (that and Ganton) - even hitting it well

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Planning on heading up myself, probably in the afternoon. When do they announce who's entered? I'm guessing there'll be some well known names.

Springveldt

Visit site
I've only been to one "proper" golf event when the British Masters was up here at Close House. The thing that has stayed with me was the sound the ball made when they hit it, I'd never heard a ball make that sound before.

D

Deleted member 25172

I've only been to one "proper" golf event when the British Masters was up here at Close House. The thing that has stayed with me was the sound the ball made when they hit it, I'd never heard a ball make that sound before.

Yeah, that's what I've heard others say too. Really looking forward to experience it first hand. Hopefully there'll be a few "names" there too who have to qualify the hard way to get their spot.

No matter what, it'll be a bit of a contrast to the thins and fats (myself included) I'm accustomed too from the weekly Saturday swindle. :D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I saw Tiger Woods play 4 times and I'm convinced the sound he made was even more "that sound" than all the other players. There was one hit with the driver at The Grove that I can still remember the sound today!

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I’m tempted by this. little drive round the bottom of the 25 and follow some decent golf for the day. What could be nicer?!

Is there anything set up for spectators, or is it a case of take a rucksack with what you need for the day? I’m guessing the latter?