Update - weekend line-up finalised

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Evening all,
Many thanks to all who voted and gave me some expert guidance from the previous thread
http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk//showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/156661/an/0/page/0#156661

I have just spent a very happy hour rummaging in the shed - gone with your recommendations in several instances, but been swayed by other discoveries elsewhere.
Anyway here's the full line-up for tomorrow's Stableford (not medal as previously advertised)

Driver: Wilson Staff Dd6+ - had some success with this previously and like the head shape at address
3-wood: Ping G5 - as per your comprehensive vote
Utilities: Makser AS40 18 deg and Wilson Dh6 19 deg - not much difference in loft I know, but I do know the Makser plays stronger than its loft and the Wilson weaker, and there is a spare slot in the bag so I might as well fill it
Irons: 4-iron MP57 (in shed as I'd been using the MP FliHi of late); 5-PW MP60 - still look lovely
Wedges: Snake Eyes 600C - forgotten I had these and couldn't track down the Pings (must be in the loft)
Putter: TBC - either SeeMore Money (looking very rusty), or the old Ping Anser which I've just put one of those John Daly kangaroo skin grips on (concerned it may make me a little jumpy though!)

That's it - off to practise now and select the flat stick

Will update you with the outcome on Monday

Molly

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Opportunity for a sweepstake here...

How many points will Jezz score?

Submit your guesses on this thread and we'll see come monday when the big man recounts his round in glorious technicolor. Need to have a different score to anyone else and if there are two the same, it's first post gets it. Happy?

The prize? Half a bag of blue and white 3 inch wooden tees. I will tape them up and send your way. Possibly the worst prize ever offered on this forum? Most likely. Careful now, if you type too fast, you'll set your keyboard alight!

I am going for 37 - inspired by returning to his old clubs that feel like comfortable slippers. Come on Jezza!

alexgolf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well Jezz. As everyone is putting a mark on your score i think you should put up a small prize!
I will go for 38 as i have seen you play and know that the form is Temporary class is forever statemant applies to you.
xx
:)

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Pleased that everyone has gone for thirty-something so far, though not sure if murph will if he comes on - he marked my scorecard at The Belfry.

In light of your generous support of my 'unfamiliar sticks' adventure I will indeed put up a modest prize for the winner to the maximum value of three golf balls (Donnay Titaniums if I can remember where I put them...)

Some interesting discoveries on the practice ground tonight - won't go into too much detail other than to say the Snake Eyes wedges seemed to go about 15 yards further than my usual Mizuno MP-Rs, so looking forward to airmailing a few greens early doors tomorrow...

Results to follow...