Undercover golf thieves hit 60 clubs

leewestrudd1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
my regular playing partner has had 2 pair of shoes and a jacket and jumper stolen from the club changing roomsin the last few months,and today there was the scarborough alliance day and our club captain had left his powakaddy trolley complete with battery outside the changing room doors only to get outside to find some light fingered so and so had walked away with his battery

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One guy I know has Dunlop headcovers on his TM woods so nobody thinks they're worth nicking.

Some might say they're not worth nicking anyway but I couldn't possibly comment!

Putting_Green_Pro

Q-School Graduate
www.heyrosegolfclub.com
Surely if they are stolen from the club, the club itself somehow has to repay you. Am I correct?

I doubt stuff would be stolen from my club because we have security gates and to get out you need the code. By the time you have gone to find out the code I have gone and got my clubs and on the first tee :D

RichardC

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Surely if they are stolen from the club, the club itself somehow has to repay you. Am I correct?

I doubt stuff would be stolen from my club because we have security gates and to get out you need the code. By the time you have gone to find out the code I have gone and got my clubs and on the first tee :D

Wife was paid out by her insurance company.

Screwback

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think it is totally disgusting, the miticulous nature of it is sick. I wouldnt like to think anything like that would happen in this game just shows how wrong you can be.

Poor Behaviour.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Big signs all over our club -
Club accepts no resposibility for equipment left in cars in the car park, or equipment left in or around the clubhouse. All equipment left at owners risk.

I should think that's fairly standard. One reason I got rid of my electric trolley for a PK Twinline 3 - previously I couldn't get everything in the boot of the car. Now I can so if the car's locked at least the car insurance should cough up.

I hope...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The club will accept no liability and so you leave your clubs at your own risk. I have a locker like many others and I work on the principle that there are loads to choose from and that if mine gets done its just bad luck. I've checked my golf policy so know I'll be covered and have a couple of spare sets so can knock it round in a worse case scenario. We have secuirty gates too so that's a half decent deterrent to someone trying to get away in a motor

These guys must play somewhere even if its a pay and play as they seem to know so much about how to act etc. I'm sure if they just wore the gear and walked in their behaviour would look odd if they weren't regular golfers. They must have other cronies who are benefitting from the thefts so its not just these to scumbags

T

thecraw

Interesting link - didn't realise it was actually legal to put a video camera in the changing rooms???

Quite simple really, all you need to do to comply with the law/legislation (in Scotland anyway)is put up a sign informing people that they are being recorded by or there is CCTV.

Simples.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Walked up to my locker room the other day and the door was open, whats the point of having a coded lock on it when some divvy leaves it open on the catch, may as well have a sign outside saying "Help yourself"

Earl

Club Champion
Visit site

I played at a club last week on a county card got there early had a beer while waiting for buddys asked where the toilets were the barmaid told me. Off i went she then shouted across the bar i would need the code because it was in the mens lockers/changing room and promptly told me the code. :eek:
so how secure is that

painterboy

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Big signs all over our club -
Club accepts no resposibility for equipment left in cars in the car park, or equipment left in or around the clubhouse. All equipment left at owners risk.

I should think that's fairly standard. One reason I got rid of my electric trolley for a PK Twinline 3 - previously I couldn't get everything in the boot of the car. Now I can so if the car's locked at least the car insurance should cough up.

I hope...

Don't think 'standard' car insurance will cover them, beleive you have to add some type of 'all risk' cover.
Stand to be corrected through!

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
An old cricketing pal of mine was a member of a club where they suffered from a shocking level of theft. They thought it was from the local travelling community who had a site nearby. The club installed CCTV in the changing rooms and around the clubhouse (I don't think they put signs up....) and one week later viewed the tape........imagine their horror when the culprit turned out to be one of the commitee members!!!!

Thieves are everywhere - even in golf clubs.

Many years ago I had a set of clubs nicked from a club locker. They broke into loads and took mine - thanks.

I also had a pair of shoes nicked from the bag drop at Chart Hills!! An exclusive club where one would imagine people have enough money to buy their equipment and yet they still steal.

Broken Britain!! :rolleyes:

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
The changing room lock is broke at ours, I was horrified to turn up one midday week to find no one around and the door open, I mentioned to the committee but nothing has happened. I have nearly stopped using my GoKart as it doesn't fit in the lockers and I don't drive so have no choice but to leave it in a unlocked changing room whilst I have a beverage or two.

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
One guy I know has Dunlop headcovers on his TM woods so nobody thinks they're worth nicking.

I have hand-knitted headcovers, so you have to lift them to looks what's underneath them