Trumps Aberdeen course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Scary thing is Bill Clinton is younger than both of them and he was President 32 years ago.

It’s ridiculous that they have 2 guys who will be 82 and 78 running for President. Nearly any other job in the world you would have been forced retire at those ages.
Are we allowed to discuss American politics 😁👍

The Lion

Visit site
From where I sit, they are both similarly rotten!

One is far worse than the other imho. It’s just the media feel they have to provide “balance”, so if they’re going to (rightly in my view) trash one, they have to trash the other!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Back on the topic... am I right in understanding that the issue here is that the "investment" in Aberdeen is far less than originally stated. BUT, there is now a world class course there bringing in income and jobs to an area that really needs it. If there was sufficient eco objections etc, why didnt the FM stop it? Maybe I've missed something. I don't bother reading all the bumf about folk like Trump because I've got better things to do.

Is the objection is purely that it is "Trump," and if it was a left wing nutter, rather than a right wing nutter doing it, it would it be seen a altruism?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Scary thing is Bill Clinton is younger than both of them and he was President 32 years ago.

It’s ridiculous that they have 2 guys who will be 82 and 78 running for President. Nearly any other job in the world you would have been forced retire at those ages.
Yep. Forget what anyone thinks of their respective policies, there should be an age limit on a job like this. There is quite rightly a lower age limit, why not a higher one? I don't think either side of the aisle wants a sitting president to pass away but when you're getting into your eighties, that is clearly far more likely to happen.

This will be looked at in 100 years time as a completely bonkers period of history :)

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No, why, what’s that? 😂
The Clinton Crime Syndicate was feared throughout the land for charging excessive amounts for birthday and Christmas cards. They carried on with their reign of terror to have the monopoly on wrapping paper and gift bags.

The term of “Death by a thousand cuts” was born through an incident involving the torture of a 78 yr old from Llandudno who dared to sell home made Halloween bunting via eBay without paying her dues.

They are rumoured to be making moves on the current coffee mafia “La Costa Nostra”

The Lion

Visit site
Two wrongs do not make a right... as my old mum often said.

When discussing scumbags, relative scumbaggery is a futile discussion.
I’m surprised at this, scumbag isn’t a word I’d associate with Joe Biden lol

The Lion

Visit site
Back on the topic... am I right in understanding that the issue here is that the "investment" in Aberdeen is far less than originally stated. BUT, there is now a world class course there bringing in income and jobs to an area that really needs it. If there was sufficient eco objections etc, why didnt the FM stop it? Maybe I've missed something. I don't bother reading all the bumf about folk like Trump because I've got better things to do.

Is the objection is purely that it is "Trump," and if it was a left wing nutter, rather than a right wing nutter doing it, it would it be seen a altruism?

For me, you can even exclude the politics when assessing this case. He’s done so much else that’s bad, immoral and/or corrupt, including in the groundwork, building and thereafter of this course.

All of those factors make this family wholly unfit to run a local abattoir, let alone a key piece of sporting and tourist infrastructure which has an impact on people’s lives.

People like the Trumps should be barred forever from doing business in these islands. Ditto those nation states with terrible human rights records who are bringing our sports heritage into disrepute. Government should deal with this through legislation, yet money seems the only thing that matters 🤯

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For me, you can even exclude the politics when assessing this case. He’s done so much else that’s bad, immoral and/or corrupt, including in the groundwork, building and thereafter of this course.

All of those factors make this family wholly unfit to run a local abattoir, let alone a key piece of sporting and tourist infrastructure which has an impact on people’s lives.

People like the Trumps should be barred forever from doing business in these islands. Ditto those nation states with terrible human rights records who are bringing our sports heritage into disrepute. Government should deal with this through legislation, yet money seems the only thing that matters 🤯
So your saying ,he not your favourite person 😃

IanM

Journeyman Pro
I’m surprised at this, scumbag isn’t a word I’d associate with Joe Biden lol

I was referring to the Clintons.

Biden is barely conscious. Reminiscent of the old Soviet leaders, who we assumed had been dead for several years, and it was a double stuck in front of the cameras.

This week he remembered taking a train over a bridge that only took cars.

IanM

Journeyman Pro

By Government, in this case, lets be clear, you mean the devolved Scottish Government. 😉 (as in approved locally and not over ruled by the SNP folk)

Status
Not open for further replies.