Trump Aberdeen

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I see planning permission has been passed for his second course now. If it's as good as the current layout it'll be a phenomenal golfing experience playing 36 holes.

Add in Royal Aberdeen, Cruden, Murcar, Fraserburgh, Peterhead and you really have an area to rival both Lothian and Ayrshire.

Sounds fantastic.

Another meeting on Thursday re planning application for 550 new houses.

mikeb4

Head Pro
Visit site
I see planning permission has been passed for his second course now. If it's as good as the current layout it'll be a phenomenal golfing experience playing 36 holes.

Add in Royal Aberdeen, Cruden, Murcar, Fraserburgh, Peterhead and you really have an area to rival both Lothian and Ayrshire.

Sounds fantastic.

Another meeting on Thursday re planning application for 550 new houses.

Dont forget the Kingdom of Fife !

D

Deleted member 15344

Is it financially viable to build a second 18 ?

Trump Turnberry is not pulling in much of a profit and from what people say who visit Trump Aberdeen isn’t overloaded with visitors and bookings - so will adding a second course add more costs on top of building it?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Absolutely shocking if this is the case.
Not really if the owners of those properties are getting the money that they want. Different story if they are being forced out though I can't see how that would happen for a private development.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Is it financially viable to build a second 18 ?

Trump Turnberry is not pulling in much of a profit and from what people say who visit Trump Aberdeen isn’t overloaded with visitors and bookings - so will adding a second course add more costs on top of building it?

Once the dafties get over the "Trump" name they'll absolutely love it.

I think the 450 houses are key. Aberdeen will start making profit may just take time.

For instance Machrihanish Dunes had a ten year plan to break even which it did slightly ahead of schedule. All these places will know there is a period that they will make a loss before heading into the black financially.

Can't wait for a second 18 if it's as good as what is already there.

Coul. Also yes please.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Uncle Donald has got his planning permission for the housing development plus the golf course.

Could be absolutely sensational for the whole area.

Looking forward to seeing the development progress and how the second course compliments the original layout.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
looks like Coul could be going ahead too, was up at the weekend and aparently property in Embo is being snapped up by the developer and his mates

My lad is now based on Dornoch doing a golf degree at uni. When we were up there a few weeks back we were told that this was in progress. We didn't get full details other than the guy who developed Bandon Dunes is behind it planning a hotel and all sorts of investment.

We really liked the area up there, aside from the rain, and were looking at property with a view to a move. Better get my finger out🏠🏌️‍♂️

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My lad is now based on Dornoch doing a golf degree at uni. When we were up there a few weeks back we were told that this was in progress. We didn't get full details other than the guy who developed Bandon Dunes is behind it planning a hotel and all sorts of investment.

We really liked the area up there, aside from the rain, and were looking at property with a view to a move. Better get my finger out🏠🏌️‍♂️
they are just building a golf course, no hotel or even a clubhouse all there will be is a starters hut and greenkeepers buildings nothing else, all the running is being done by RDGC.

Rain are you sure, Dornoch is too windy for it to rain, are you sure you have not confused it with Glasgow:ROFLMAO:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
they are just building a golf course, no hotel or even a clubhouse all there will be is a starters hut and greenkeepers buildings nothing else, all the running is being done by RDGC.

Rain are you sure, Dornoch is too windy for it to rain, are you sure you have not confused it with Glasgow:ROFLMAO:

Maybe I misunderstood, sure he mentioned a new hotel. Perhaps they are gonna establish the course first and look to build later. It all sounded interesting when he was telling us.

Defo not confusing if with Glasgow, all I remember is crossing the border after 5 hours driving, passing Glasgow and my sat nav telling me I still had another 5 hours to drive 😲

Absolutely stunning landscapes up there, we drove the scenic route down from Golspie to Embo and Dornoch , which I guess is close to where the course is planned. Will be playing RDGC next time we visit

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Before taking Office in January 2017, the Trump Organisation objected to the offshore wind farm stating "The European Offshore Wind Development Centre will completely destroy the bucolic Aberdeen Bay and cast a terrible shadow upon the future of tourism in the area." Funny how things change!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Before taking Office in January 2017, the Trump Organisation objected to the offshore wind farm stating "The European Offshore Wind Development Centre will completely destroy the bucolic Aberdeen Bay and cast a terrible shadow upon the future of tourism in the area." Funny how things change!

I'm not sure that this new course contradicts that statement at all, the new course will surely bring more people to the area to play golf, therefore increasing tourism. I doubt very much his courses will be an eyesore in the same way wind farms are.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
The objection was that the wind farm would be detrimental and would deter visitors. So much so that Trump said he wouldn't build his second course or the planned hotel and houses if the wind farm went ahead.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The objection was that the wind farm would be detrimental and would deter visitors. So much so that Trump said he wouldn't build his second course or the planned hotel and houses if the wind farm went ahead.
So he was honest and upfront then.

How have things changed?

***Edit**

Sorry not being a local, has the wind farm been built?

If so, then yeah he's a hypocrite lol

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
So he was honest and upfront then.

How have things changed?

***Edit**

Sorry not being a local, has the wind farm been built?

If so, then yeah he's a hypocrite lol

The wind farms are up, but it doesn't detract from the fact he has built one world class golf course and a second is about to be built.
All the guys i work with are all for the second course as its bringing money into the area and creating more jobs.
I've also never heard a bad word about the course, in fact everyone raves about it.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The wind farms are up, but it doesn't detract from the fact he has built one world class golf course and a second is about to be built.
All the guys i work with are all for the second course as its bringing money into the area and creating more jobs.
I've also never heard a bad word about the course, in fact everyone raves about it.

I don't think many are saying a bad word about the current course. More just that he tried to throw his weight about and made a threat as such that he's not backed up.