Trump Aberdeen

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Having family that live up there is brilliant. I have played all the courses up there and I honestly believe that it is the rival of any golfing destination in the UK.

I am looking forward to seeing what actually materialises because if it is half as good as the course there now, it will still be awesome. Just hope it;s not a Robert the Bruce type let down

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree Robert the Bruce...couple of decent holes, rest all rather dull! Or had frost bite set in and I had snow blindness??
It is very good as a warm up course though. It eases you in gently, ready for the magnificence the following day, if you have booked correctly :D

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Having family that live up there is brilliant. I have played all the courses up there and I honestly believe that it is the rival of any golfing destination in the UK.

I am looking forward to seeing what actually materialises because if it is half as good as the course there now, it will still be awesome. Just hope it;s not a Robert the Bruce type let down

As I've said for years they destroyed an outstanding Arran course to make a crap Kintyre course. The improvements to the Kintyre are slightly better but I can see it getting the treatment again over the years as it really is dire.

I totally agree with you re Trump, it's as good as we have up here in my opinion. Just a tremendous design that flows and fits the land. The holes are a fantastic mix and challenge.

Looking at the land he still has at his disposal it does whet the appetite.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
It is very good as a warm up course though. It eases you in gently, ready for the magnificence the following day, if you have booked correctly :D
It's a definite miss for me as a course. Either way you play it, you are left with a feeling like you've just rocked up at an Everton game when you're a Liverpool fan :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Maybe I misunderstood, sure he mentioned a new hotel. Perhaps they are gonna establish the course first and look to build later. It all sounded interesting when he was telling us.

Defo not confusing if with Glasgow, all I remember is crossing the border after 5 hours driving, passing Glasgow and my sat nav telling me I still had another 5 hours to drive 😲

Absolutely stunning landscapes up there, we drove the scenic route down from Golspie to Embo and Dornoch , which I guess is close to where the course is planned. Will be playing RDGC next time we visit
someone might be building a hotel in the area, but the whole point of there plan is to have nothing else on site, i think if they were doing that and building a clubhouse and hotel etc, if would have been passed for the economic benifits and jobs they would bring. The trouble is the place is rammed for 6 months (golf season) but the rest of the time its like a Ghost town. Ive got a funny feeling the Links House and Golf View both shut up for a few months over the winter due to lack of bookings over that time

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a definite miss for me as a course. Either way you play it, you are left with a feeling like you've just rocked up at an Everton game when you're a Liverpool fan :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That hurts me deep 😭😭.

I played there a couple of years ago. Drove to Turnberry in the morning, a good 4 hours from home. Arrived, cup of tea, snack and out on the Robert the Bruce course. A bit tired, a bit stiff, it was ideal. Good fun, same views, finish as pristine, more forgiving. We came off smiling.

Next day The Ailsa 😀. Big boys course, a big step up.

The Robert doesn't claim to be a top 100 course, I don't think, but I think it performs it's role as a supplementary course really well. Just make sure you don't play them the other way around 😁

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
It just shows that most links courses have fantastic natural settings, but you go inland a bit and the land is basically dull farmland. Just saw the overhead shots of Kingsbarns on the tv. Course looked stunning, but all down the inland side, flat fields.:eek:

D

Deleted member 17920

So he was honest and upfront then.

How have things changed?

***Edit**

Sorry not being a local, has the wind farm been built?

If so, then yeah he's a hypocrite lol
If all the winds farms have already been built then the6 have nothing to worry about.

The winds farms are towards Aberdeen and next to Royal Aberdeen. They certainly wasn’t in the eyeline a couple of weeks ago whilst I was chopping it round.

As for the other 18 plus houses, I hope it’s as good as the main course now, spectacular resort it would be.