Trousers for a short a**e

beduffshirl

Hacker
Visit site
I'm 5'8 on a good day and really struggle to get decent length trousers. Went to a well known golf store from over the pond on Saturday and tried some of the major brands "short leg" trousers up against me, but to be honest they all still looked the length of waders !!

Can anyone recommend a brand or two where short leg means short leg. Ideally I prefer slim fit leg too (although def not slim fit waist!!)

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm 5 8 and can't say I've ever had a problem. Next have good chino type trousers in slim fit from time to time.

You'll get loads on the Internet too, I've got some stretch trousers from ebay which I wear for golf (well, pre lockdown, haven't worn trousers for months)!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am 5’9 and a fag butt tall.

I’ve found UA showdown trousers with a 30 inch leg to be a perfect fit.
in fact anything UA branded time be an exacting fit.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
^^^^^^Typos eh, what ya gonna do ;)

Anyway, trousers with short leg, I've realised its easier to just buy the ones I like and have the leg length adjusted. Much less hassle in the long run

Last edited:

Wolf

Visit site
Being a ridiculously tall 5'6 trouser length has always been a literal ball ache for me.. Golf brandwise I've yet to find one that does anything appropriate.

Shops like Hollister though have some nice fitting chino trousers that come in many colours

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds you like need your mum (/wife) to take them up for you. Like first day of school. :LOL:

Best I can suggest is here https://www.county-golf.co.uk/golf-trousers/ don't know your waist size but in the size options you can see they have several with '29L' which would be the shortest length they do. Any shorter than that and you'd need to take them up as above. :p

Edit: Or just wear shorts all year round? I wear shorts for golf most of the year and my legs don't really get cold since they're hairy enough and you do plenty of walking.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm 5'8 on a good day and really struggle to get decent length trousers. Went to a well known golf store from over the pond on Saturday and tried some of the major brands "short leg" trousers up against me, but to be honest they all still looked the length of waders !!

Can anyone recommend a brand or two where short leg means short leg. Ideally I prefer slim fit leg too (although def not slim fit waist!!)

From the last statement I now understand why a 5' 8" man needs a short leg trouser:ROFLMAO:

I know I have been annoyed for a very long time I had always worn 30" leg which was considered regular then regular became 31" in most stores. 29" meant it was also short from waist to crutch.

I was annoyed when BHS closed as they still sold 30" as regular in quite a few ranges.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I find getting your leg measured and going with that works perfectly. Most brands cater for us vertically challenged.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lands End - high quality. You specify exactly your inside leg and that's what you get. Worth looking out for their sales.