Travel covers

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Need to buy a travel cover for airline travel. Ideally I want one that supports all the weight as since Mrs. BiM's injury she is less able to assist with luggage. The two I've seen are either the Sun Mountain Club Glider which has a set of swing out legs, or various other brands that have 4 wheels on the base meaning the weight is supported but the bag stands vertically. Anyone got any experience or comments on these, or alternative suggestions for a weight bearing travel cover?

Thanks.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I just bought a club glider, as I needed a new travel bag and it looked like the best option. It's really well made and is easy to manoeuvre in my tests at home. However I am not travelling with it for a couple of months yet, so can't report on how it handles a trip.

If you have any questions or want specific photos of it, let me know.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the Big Max Aqua. 4 wheels on the base as well as two large trundle wheels.
When the bag is upright it can be easily manoeuvred on the base wheels with little to no effort.

Granted I haven't used it for a while but I would reckon even with my arm problem I could still move it about fully loaded.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I have the Big Max Aqua. 4 wheels on the base as well as two large trundle wheels.
When the bag is upright it can be easily manoeuvred on the base wheels with little to no effort.

Granted I haven't used it for a while but I would reckon even with my arm problem I could still move it about fully loaded.

Thanks Greig, same as to John, how big is it internally and how well balanced or stable when it's upright?

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I just bought a club glider, as I needed a new travel bag and it looked like the best option. It's really well made and is easy to manoeuvre in my tests at home. However I am not travelling with it for a couple of months yet, so can't report on how it handles a trip.

If you have any questions or want specific photos of it, let me know.

Thanks Dibby, which model and how big internally please? I've got a Titleist waterproof cart bag that is probably the biggest thing I'll try using.

D

Deleted member 15717

Sun mountain club glider user here. Works a treat, and fits my cart bag in without issue. Could get more in if required too. Used it for a few trips now, and hasn’t let me down. Pack it well and clubs arrive at the other end without issue

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks Dibby, which model and how big internally please? I've got a Titleist waterproof cart bag that is probably the biggest thing I'll try using.

Clubglider Tour model. I'll measure it up later, but my cart bag easily fits inside it, with the pockets stuffed, and there is still space for a few extra bits like shoes if desired.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Rich I've got one of the hardcase ones. Plenty of room for a large bag and has 4 wheels on the base so you can glide it around when upright. Used it for a few trips now and apart from the usual cosmetic scuffs it's bearing up very well. I was concerned about the weight at first but even fully packed with a few extra bits in there as well it's always been comfortably under the weight allowance. Never have to worry about damage to the clubs. You are welcome to borrow it (y)

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Clubglider Tour model. I'll measure it up later, but my cart bag easily fits inside it, with the pockets stuffed, and there is still space for a few extra bits like shoes if desired.

Dibby, are the external pockets lockable?

Sun mountain club glider user here. Works a treat, and fits my cart bag in without issue. Could get more in if required too. Used it for a few trips now, and hasn’t let me down. Pack it well and clubs arrive at the other end without issue

Wabinez, can I ask which model and are the external pockets lockable?

Rich I've got one of the hardcase ones. Plenty of room for a large bag and has 4 wheels on the base so you can glide it around when upright. Used it for a few trips now and apart from the usual cosmetic scuffs it's bearing up very well. I was concerned about the weight at first but even fully packed with a few extra bits in there as well it's always been comfortably under the weight allowance. Never have to worry about damage to the clubs. You are welcome to borrow it (y)

Gordon, thanks very much for the offer, I'm hoping to need one of these more regularly so I'm definitely buying one. (y)