Tracker dots on clubface

DickInShorts

Visit site
I guess we can be 100 per cent certain that the technology will continue to evolve and there will be further questions for the RBs to grapple with over time. But the current keys are nothing external on the face and nothing giving instant information to the player. Other constraints are no processing or interpreting playing information from the current round during the round by app, phone, computer etc or viewing video of the current round on any personal device (big public screen is okay). Anything beyond these current constraints, IMO, is stepping into the realm of speculation.
‘Playing information from the current round’ - does this include distance of last shot ( as available on my ShotScope and my SkyCaddie?
If so it seems a bit odd as I can legally know the length of a hole from the tee - I can legally know how far there is to go after my tee shot:hence I know my driving distance without use of my devices.

In soft or cold conditions this information is useful - for example I might need to take 1 or 2 clubs more than 8 would on a hot day on a firm course.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
‘Playing information from the current round’ - does this include distance of last shot ( as available on my ShotScope and my SkyCaddie?
If so it seems a bit odd as I can legally know the length of a hole from the tee - I can legally know how far there is to go after my tee shot:hence I know my driving distance without use of my devices.

In soft or cold conditions this information is useful - for example I might need to take 1 or 2 clubs more than 8 would on a hot day on a firm course.
Knowing te distance from one point to another is not advice.

salfordlad

Visit site

Information on specific shot distance is not an issue. But you cannot access during the round any data processed or interpreted by any computerized device (computer, phone, app, calculator etc) although you are free to manually process the information personally, eg make notes of the distances.