TPC Sawgrass, 2012

jeardley

Head Pro
Visit site
wow amazing! do you need a minimum handicap requirement?

Quite fancy doing someting for old mans 60th and st andrews old course is out of the question
Not sure mate, we weren't asked I don't think but I didn't book it.
I know when we go at Andrews we have to show certificates

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
$350 per round currently for the Stadium Course, to be fair it's in season just now and will be cheaper in the summer.

Unsure if there is anyway to get a better deal than direct with the course.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
When we were in Florida a fortnight ago we contacted Sawgrass to enquire about playing, as most courses are cheaper nearer the time you want to play if they have times available. The cheapest they would offer was, as Valentino states, in the region of $350 which we felt was a bit too expensive especially if we couldn't play off the blacks.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
nice review and pics and exactly what you'd expect from a good American course, I spent a week in the High desert in Oregon and recieved that kind of service everywhere, great stuff

Hooker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Great write up thanks, also awesome pics!

What kind of handicap do you and your mates play off? I would love to play there but can't see myself hacking it round.

jeardley

Head Pro
Visit site

What kind of handicap do you and your mates play off? I would love to play there but can't see myself hacking it round.

Cheers mate, we're all between 3 and 8 but there is no reason players off all abilities cant play it in my opinion.
The place is very well organised and they make you feel welcome and at ease straight away.
Nearly everyone on the course is there visiting so dont worry about snooty members.. everyone is in holiday mode and from out of town
The tee times are that far apart that you can really relax into your round without worrying about a group behind you and if you opt out of having caddies then its just you and your mates out there.

Get it booked :)

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Like most courses in the US there are plenty of tee options, play to those of your own ability and you'll be sound :thup: