Top customer service despite faults.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
ordered a Motocaddy M1 pro from discount golf last week late Tuesday. Paid for next day delivery so expected Thursday.
Thursday comes and I get an email saying it isn’t in stock. (Motocaddy are updating it, none in stock with Motocaddy either) So I pay a little more for the powakaddy C2i. Come Saturday I receive no notification of a delivery of any kind. Old order form still showing on the website.
annoyed That I’ve had to play the weekend with my dying, barely lasting trolley. I left a poor review.

Sunday evening i recieved a call from the owner of discount golf. he explained to me that he will look into it and that it breaks his heart when he gets bad reviews.

Anyway there was some confusion with the change of order at the warehouse, the newly ordered trolley had gone walkies as it should of come by Saturday.
Trolley arrived today and he phoned to make sure I’d got it and as a sorry. He has sent me two boxes of TM TP5’s. (I did say this wasn’t necessary)

despite my order taking a week. I was left really impressed. So impressed I bought the travel bag from them too.(these big name trolley folk don’t supply anything do they!?) That’s arriving tommorow with my golf balls. And on time might I add.

Highly recommend if your pro shop doesn’t stock what you want!

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Glad to know that you are getting good service from a supplier, and wish that I could say the same, but no. I have a Powakaddy FW5 that has lost some bars on the digital display. It is just out of the two year guarantee. I wrote to Powakaddy support two days ago but no reply.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Glad to know that you are getting good service from a supplier, and wish that I could say the same, but no. I have a Powakaddy FW5 that has lost some bars on the digital display. It is just out of the two year guarantee. I wrote to Powakaddy support two days ago but no reply.

Neither motocaddy or powakaddy have great support so I’ve read.
But there is official repair centre 40 miles from you. Ormonde golf club.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I think Motocaddy are having problems just now. I ordered a trolley over the weekend & paid for next day delivery, to be delivered yesterday. I'd had no e mail confirmation of delivery so I phoned them to ask. I was told that their computers were down & no deliveries could be made. I asked them why they hadn't contacted me to stop me waiting in all day for nothing. "Too many people to contact" was the reply. I am not impressed.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Neither motocaddy or powakaddy have great support so I’ve read.
But there is official repair centre 40 miles from you. Ormonde golf club.

Before wanting to purchase a GPS powakaddy I emailed them with a couple of questions. Never got a response.
Called them to ask same questions and the young girl answering the phone had no knowledge at all and no available to help.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Impressive service and great to see that the owner got personally involved.
I trust you will now add a second more complimentary review

Fortunately I had updated the review before he had told me had sent the free gift out. So I wasn’t coerced into it. I was just that impressed.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fortunately I had updated the review before he had told me had sent the free gift out. So I wasn’t coerced into it. I was just that impressed.

Very nice to have it happen that way around, don't like the thought of reviews being bought out.

Hope that the new trolley does the job!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Before wanting to purchase a GPS powakaddy I emailed them with a couple of questions. Never got a response.
Called them to ask same questions and the young girl answering the phone had no knowledge at all and no available to help.

Thats not good when your spending that amount on a metal frame is it?!
We really do pay over the odds for this convenience. Least they could do is offer some form of customer care with the mark up!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I too have had first-rate customer service from discount golf store in the past so this is not an isolated example.

Me too. A great company to deal with. I know a few years back a few local pros were having issues with disgruntled Powakaddy and their miserable customer service when things went wrong. Made the pros look bad, and did nothing for their reputation or that of Powakaddy. I have heard they were working harder on their trolley reliability

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I was left really impressed. So impressed I bought the travel bag from them too.(these big name trolley folk don’t supply anything do they!?) That’s arriving tommorow with my golf balls. And on time might I add.

Highly recommend if your pro shop doesn’t stock what you want!

Having been looking for a deal on a C2i myself. Seems a fixed price as everyone quotes the same, but there are a few deals to be had on free gifts. My club pro always price matches, ordered the C2i from him last night, with a free travel cover.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I know a few years back a few local pros were having issues with disgruntled Powakaddy and their miserable customer service when things went wrong. Made the pros look bad, and did nothing for their reputation or that of Powakaddy. I have heard they were working harder on their trolley reliability

Our club pro stopped stocking them because of this, but he is convinced that they have turned it around and picked them up again last year.