Too good to be true??

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Been following Pro's advice and looking at Ebay (yep, he told me to) for Hybrids to replace my 3,4,5 and 6 irons!
Thought this was very cruel as I'd convinced myself that I was almost pro-like hitting them in our (admittedly indoor and heated) swing room:mad:
But as he said-with all the gadgets switched on- the actual figures don't lie---need something with more OOOMMPH:cry:
So been looking at a Ben Sayers MK1 20 degree 3iron hybrid/ graphite shaft + headcover +free postage for £17.99p. Oh, and it's brand new:unsure:?
seller is golfukonline....BUT and it's a big BUT...IS THIS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE???-my fear is that it's just a cheapo Chinese dumper being posted from U.K.

Anyone any opinions on this/ dealings with them??

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks Iain...Will get in touch with the shop in the a.m. and ask some questions!
BTW ..are you watching The Proclaimers on BBC4--just thought you may be with your spelling of IAIN-showing film of 'Sunshine On Leith' by Hibs fans at Hampden a few years ago---even I was moved to like that/great football anthem....Talented brothers (no Billy, not that :whistle:)!!
Could be the best bargain in the world ...BUT..if it's too good to be true then.........??
Sorry BiM, just seen what you've written-as I've said will talk to shop in the a.m. and see what guarantees I can get re the quality of parts used etc:rolleyes:

Brammall Mac

Visit site
Been following Pro's advice and looking at Ebay (yep, he told me to) for Hybrids to replace my 3,4,5 and 6 irons!
Thought this was very cruel as I'd convinced myself that I was almost pro-like hitting them in our (admittedly indoor and heated) swing room:mad:
But as he said-with all the gadgets switched on- the actual figures don't lie---need something with more OOOMMPH:cry:
So been looking at a Ben Sayers MK1 20 degree 3iron hybrid/ graphite shaft + headcover +free postage for £17.99p. Oh, and it's brand new:unsure:?
seller is golfukonline....BUT and it's a big BUT...IS THIS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE???-my fear is that it's just a cheapo Chinese dumper being posted from U.K.

Anyone any opinions on this/ dealings with them??
Nick, who runs golfukonline, is a member at my club and a good bloke.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks Iain...Will get in touch with the shop in the a.m. and ask some questions!
BTW ..are you watching The Proclaimers on BBC4--just thought you may be with your spelling of IAIN-showing film of 'Sunshine On Leith' by Hibs fans at Hampden a few years ago---even I was moved to like that/great football anthem....Talented brothers (no Billy, not that :whistle:)!!
Could be the best bargain in the world ...BUT..if it's too good to be true then.........??
Sorry BiM, just seen what you've written-as I've said will talk to shop in the a.m. and see what guarantees I can get re the quality of parts used etc:rolleyes:
It’s a great bit of video…think I posted link to it on here a few years ago…20,000+ Hibs fans singing Sunshine on Leith is actually a strangely moving thing…whoever you might support…

Leftitshort

Visit site
True, even the Ben Sayers Mentor (if you can find a set) can be picked up for nowhere near the price of fake Titleist/TaylorMade blades, and it's a far superior club. :)

View attachment 39797
That’s kind of my point. Maybe made in a clumsy way. No reflection on the quality, but if the the modern versions don’t cost much, why go to the trouble of faking them

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nick, who runs golfukonline, is a member at my club and a good bloke.
Nice club www. you've got there Iain-have sent email to the lad (had left message on voicemail but maybe he couldnt make it out)?
Anyway Mrs. Santa has ordered as part of my Xmas (think she's now looking for a very patient psychologist for me:rolleyes:)
Will let you know how I get on with it but thanks for input(y)