Today's first!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Got to use the new dropping from knee height, not once, not twice but 3 times. Course was rather saturated in places.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have neither of you done it this season up until now? Quite amazing if not.

It's a rule change I like. It has certainly reduced the number of re-drops that I have seen, in fact pretty much eliminated them on our admittedly fairly flat course.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Have neither of you done it this season up until now? Quite amazing if not.

It's a rule change I like. It has certainly reduced the number of re-drops that I have seen, in fact pretty much eliminated them on our admittedly fairly flat course.

I was a drop virgin until I popped my cherry today.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It's another rule that I don't understand the criticism of or reluctance to accept you drop from knee height.

How can dropping from knee height make you feel stupid yet dropping from shoulder height is an issue??

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You've not had to take a drop for 8 months?? Or were you not playing?

Why would I need to take a drop, I've not been in any unplayable positions, no casual water (beauty of links) until today.

I wasn't making it up when I said today was the first time I've dropped from knee height.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have done it before. I just find holding it out at shoulder height comes more naturally than bending over and dropping it. I would be happy if the rule was somwhere between shoulder and knee height.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have done it before. I just find holding it out at shoulder height comes more naturally than bending over and dropping it. I would be happy if the rule was somwhere between shoulder and knee height.
But is that only because thats how the rules were and it's what we are all used to?
I bet anyone starting the game now will find dropping from knee height just as instinctive as we do from shoulder height.
I quite like the new knee height ruling though:)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's another rule that I don't understand the criticism of or reluctance to accept you drop from knee height.

How can dropping from knee height make you feel stupid yet dropping from shoulder height is an issue??

It looks exactly like the actions of a player acting very suspiciously in 2018.

Feels a bit odd but on the whole theres very little wrong with it.