TM's new Truss putter

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Frankly, just like some would dismiss a driver based on the look of the sole, theres no way that I could play with a putter called The Truss.

:LOL:

D

Deleted member 3432

Will act like a sail on a windy links day so no thanks.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Some weird stuff coming from TM including the SIM driver with the "fin" and now these Truss putters. They look horrible but I suppose unless you get one in your hand and try you'd never know for sure. Personally I am definitely someone that needs to look down on a putter and have confidence from it and not 100% convinced I'd be getting that from any of these

carldudley

Visit site
What were they thinking? It looks so outdated, especially when you compare to their modern looking Spider models.

Like the new Spider S but it doesn't beat the look of the SpiderX for me.

Best new putter for me so far this year is the Ping Heppler Tomcat 14 (though i am a plane geek)

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I'd consider the Truss if there were a non-offset or an onset model.

That's because there are so few models like that today (except for huge, ugly mallets) that I'd be willing to consider any of them.

Each model has at least a half-shaft offset, however..

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hideous looking things, certainly wouldn't even acknowledge them as an option if I were looking for a new Putter.

I'd pretty well have to be given a written guarantee that you cant miss from any distance before I'd put one in my bag ?

Wolf

Visit site
I'd pretty well have to be given a written guarantee that you cant miss from any distance before I'd put one in my bag ?
Even then i just could not put one in my bag, its one one the ugliest things I've seen and i grew in Medway being used to going on the pull in Gillingham night clubs so trust me I've seen some ugly things......

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Even then i just could not put one in my bag, its one one the ugliest things I've seen and i grew in Medway being used to going on the pull in Gillingham night clubs so trust me I've seen some ugly things......
You should have gone to Deja vu in swanley ??

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Come on Wolf, you'd have pulled any old TRUSS in Gillingham ??