TM Penta v ProV1s

V

vkurup

Any experience/opinions on the Penta's. Are they at par with the Pro V1/V1x. They were being sold for millions last year, but lot of deals going on right now thus making the affordable. I might try and get a couple of boxes.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My ball of choice!

A tad 'lighter' feeling than the ProV1x. A tad 'crisper' - less soft without being hard - than the ProV1. Goes well off tee. Spins enough around green.

Can't really tell the difference between the orginal (red 'Pent') and the TP5. TP3 not so good to me.

V

vkurup

TP3 and TP5 currently on sale at £23 at Direct golf.. Tempted to go for the TP5. ProVs still at the unaffordable £35. Either way a big step up from my current Srixion AD333s

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I found the original penta as good a ball as the pro v1 but with firmness in my opinion sitting a tad firmer than the pro v1 and a smidge softer than the pro v1x

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Tried a sleeve of Pentas and a sleeve of pro vs when I was looking.

Not much difference at all to be fair. For me the pro v1 had a more consistent flight but that was about it.

Out if the two, I chose the expensive one :mad:

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried a sleeve of Pentas and a sleeve of pro vs when I was looking.

Not much difference at all to be fair. For me the pro v1 had a more consistent flight but that was about it.

Out if the two, I chose the expensive one :mad:

The Penta is trying to get where the pro v is , that says it all , my choice the pro v , even my practice balls are pro v

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
The Penta is trying to get where the pro v is , that says it all , my choice the pro v , even my practice balls are pro v

Same here JCW.

Don't get me wrong. Pentas are a fine ball. Nothing wrong with them at all. If I wanted to save some cash I'd definatley consider them. Along with almost any other premium ball.

I still have 6 dozen new and 2.1/2 dozen pearl lakers to get through first tho

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
TP3 and TP5 currently on sale at £23 at Direct golf.. Tempted to go for the TP5. ProVs still at the unaffordable £35. Either way a big step up from my current Srixion AD333s

£23 for a dozen is a bargain and a half. I ran a dozen of these this season and they performed quite well and stayed crisp and white longer than the prov's. I wouldnt be disgusted using these, prov's or cally iX tours.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

Me too I bought some pearls on fleabay for the shag bag and used my onlinegolf voucher from the Volvo matchplay to stock up on high number pro v1's.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I changed to Penta's when Titliest firmed up the Pro-v's a season or two back. For me, they're not quite as good off the tee but I prefer them around the greens.

V

vkurup

Nothing feels like a ProV imo.Having said that,if you play AD333's the Penta will feel like butter,and will be night and day in terms of responsiveness.

Played with (fresh) ProV1s for the first time yesterday, had a great round. Now I am torn between what I can afford and what I want...