TM Burner 09 Irons

jp303

Hacker
Visit site
I'm looking to purchase a proper set of irons since the ones i have are old and shockingly hard to play with. After a lot of research etc i have nearly decided on the TM Burner 09 irons. Was just looking to see what people think of these clubs?

I'm somewhat a beginner to golf, so looking for clubs which will help me improve but also ones which i can use for a long time to make the investment worth it.

Thanks

A

Alex1975

This is a tricky question because your wanting the best club for you now but also the best club for the future. The 09 Burner is a fine club but if your new you may be better with the Burner Plus but that of course will not be so good for you when you get down to 18-19 handicap.

If i were you I would go to a shop and hit:

Burner Plus and Burner
Mizuno MX100 and MX200
Ping K15 and G15

in each case the first club I have put in is the more for the newer player and will promote higher and easyer ball flight.

but what you MUST do is hit a range of clubs before you buy.

Stevenc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the burner 09’s. One thing to watch out for if you have a hit with a few is the TM Burners lofts are around 1 club stronger than most, so you’ll be hitting the Burner 09 6 iron about as far as you hit a 5 iron (because it basically is a re-badged 5 iron).

They are nice though, do try them first though, one man’s good club is another’s piece of crap!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Don't forget the Cally X24's are coming out. The K15 aren't great irons and the 4 and 5 are replaced by hybrids. I'm pretty sure Mizzy have some new ones coming out soon.

Basically, shop around and try as many as you can first. Also you'll get bargains on slightly older models like the G10's etc which have been superceded