Titleist Thursdays .... any good?

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Noticed these are back for this year. Thinking about attending one but curious if anyone has ever attended one and if so how did you find it? Is the fitting process detailed and worth it or is it more of a in and out job.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So will they tell you your swing speed and things like that? Because I've never had a driver fitting before so I'd be very interested in this. Not that I could ever afford the new Titleist 917. :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes as Steve says they've got TrackMan on hand, so they'll analyse your speed, spin, launch etc to recommend certain shafts, heads and set-ups.
That would be brilliant for me since as I said, I've never done anything like that. Good excuse for an afternoon off work as well! I'll have to get myself booked in.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
These are really good i attended one last week to try and get a driver fitted. I was skeptical thinking they would be in a rush and not that interested in me. Saw a guy called Nick Sharples who spent a good 30 mins fitting my driver and then another 30 mins fitting me for wedges. At no time at all did he push me towards anything and at the end simply sent me a email with what he had fitted me for. As is said im never normally the biggest fan of things like this but it was fantastic would highly recommend!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
These are really good i attended one last week to try and get a driver fitted. I was skeptical thinking they would be in a rush and not that interested in me. Saw a guy called Nick Sharples who spent a good 30 mins fitting my driver and then another 30 mins fitting me for wedges. At no time at all did he push me towards anything and at the end simply sent me a email with what he had fitted me for. As is said im never normally the biggest fan of things like this but it was fantastic would highly recommend!

Was that at Chilli Dip mate?

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
the Titleist events are super and the guys very knowledgable and patient. Give it a go, you should enjoy it.

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i attended one last week too.

As mentioned they have a big range of shafts and obviously all the heads for driver, woods, hybrids. Trackman used for data and they tend to talk you through it and share the data with you while you are there but there's no hard copy/e-mail of the stats afterwards. They do however e-mail you the specs of what they suggest is your ideal club afterwards including hosel settings etc

I also did a ball fitting which was interesting and worthwhile.

Will

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just booked myself one of these at the Grove on June 8th, for the driver. Never done a driver fitting before so I'm looking forward to it.

Noob question - do I bring my driver along with me or will they just get me hitting their Titleist bats right from the off?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just booked myself one of these at the Grove on June 8th, for the driver. Never done a driver fitting before so I'm looking forward to it.

Noob question - do I bring my driver along with me or will they just get me hitting their Titleist bats right from the off?

Take yours as a big part will be doing a direct comparison between yours and theirs.

Chaddy

Medal Winner
Visit site
I went to Close House for this yesterday, was a really good experience and the bloke from Titleist and plenty of shafts including the premium spec Tour AD range.

Was quite scary how much further the right combo in the 917 went in comparison to my 915 :confused: 28 yards in total on a comparable hit!