Titleist Thursday Feedback

D

Deleted member 15344

This Titleist Thursday must be doing the rounds as I'm booked in at The Belfry on the 22nd.

Looking at some new shinies, I've never been bowled over with my RSi TP's which replaced my much loved MP52's, so although it's not the ideal time of the season, I'm hoping they will stop the rot as currently I'm going backwards :(

Hasn't your HC dropped from about 20/21 to about 17 since going to the RSI'S ?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Hasn't your HC dropped from about 20/21 to about 17 since going to the RSI'S ?

Yes, but as you know, so much of this game is about confidence and if you have any doubts, as I have with the TP's, then I think a change will do me good, even if it's just a placebo.

I've been down to 17 before with them and went back to 19, admitably that's more about not getting off the tee with my driver, hence I used my 4w on all but 4 tees today, but I'm just not comfortable with them so I'm chasing the dream.

I believe the AP2's will be a little more forgiving and I also think a fitting will expose that the shafts in these TP's are not a good match for me.

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes, but as you know, so much of this game is about confidence and if you have any doubts, as I have with the TP's, then I think a change will do me good, even if it's just a placebo.

I've been down to 17 before with them and went back to 19, admitably that's more about not getting off the tee with my driver, hence I used my 4w on all but 4 tees today, but I'm just not comfortable with them so I'm chasing the dream.

I believe the AP2's will be a little more forgiving and I also think a fitting will expose that the shafts in these TP's are not a good match for me.
I went for a fitting at the Titleist fiiting centre in Scotland and was set on the AP2's, fitter was superb and went through various shafts with both AP1's & 2's.

Went with the AP1's in the end as they gave me a far better closer dispersion, AP2's were probably 5-7 yards longer on average but not as good dispersion wise.

Either way enjoy the fitting and there are plenty of shaft options.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What do people think of the TaylorMade R15 driver? I think even the 2016 M2 and M1 could be out of my price range, but the R15 on the other hand, could be affordable. My mate has one actually but he doesn't like it because it's 14° (good knows why) and it doesn't suit his high fade at all. I'm going to try his one down the range on Thursday, although 14° is certainly too high, so if it goes alright I'll probably look for a 12° version.

But anyway, anyone hit an R15? What are they like?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
This Titleist Thursday must be doing the rounds as I'm booked in at The Belfry on the 22nd.

Looking at some new shinies, I've never been bowled over with my RSi TP's which replaced my much loved MP52's, so although it's not the ideal time of the season, I'm hoping they will stop the rot as currently I'm going backwards :(

in case you didn't know, but their new line is out August/September. might save a few quid if you hold of for a month or two

Fish

Banned
Visit site
in case you didn't know, but their new line is out August/September. might save a few quid if you hold of for a month or two

Cheers, I had heard a whisper.

My Pro has arranged it for me and I'm bringing the spec back to him, so we'll sit on it a while, although he has already offered me a decent deal but if that can be squeezed a little more, then happy days.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What do people think of the TaylorMade R15 driver? I think even the 2016 M2 and M1 could be out of my price range, but the R15 on the other hand, could be affordable. My mate has one actually but he doesn't like it because it's 14° (good knows why) and it doesn't suit his high fade at all. I'm going to try his one down the range on Thursday, although 14° is certainly too high, so if it goes alright I'll probably look for a 12° version.

Good drivers

14 isn't too bad.. my mate who plays off 11 plays with a 14 degree driver and outdrives the majority of the field and is always on the fairway

I had an r15 really liked it

Split the weights to make it forgiving

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good drivers

14 isn't too bad.. my mate who plays off 11 plays with a 14 degree driver and outdrives the majority of the field and is always on the fairway

I had an r15 really liked it

Split the weights to make it forgiving
14 seems high, but he has the hosel setting to lower it I think so that might balance it out ok for me. And yeah the split weights are appealing, as I could use that to balance out my draw a bit (after trying it with the weights split first). And if I like it I'm certain he'll give me a good price since he hates it and that's what mates are for, haha. The only thing is a 14° driver renders the 3 wood a bit redundant, but that's no great loss from my perspective really. I'll take a reliable driver in exchange for that!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

14 seems high, but he has the hosel setting to lower it I think so that might balance it out ok for me. And yeah the split weights are appealing, as I could use that to balance out my draw a bit (after trying it with the weights split first). And if I like it I'm certain he'll give me a good price since he hates it and that's what mates are for, haha. The only thing is a 14° driver renders the 3 wood a bit redundant, but that's no great loss from my perspective really. I'll take a reliable driver in exchange for that!

Well the bringing it down to 12 opens the face 2 degree which is no wonder why it doesn't suit his fade

Could still use the 3 wood off the deck