Titleist 910Fd or Ping G20

steve_wood

Medal Winner
Visit site
Been looking at getting a new fairway wood and have narrowed it down to a Ping G20 or the Titleist 910Fd one. Does anyone know what the specs are for the G20 as the titleist has .5 degree open head and ping doesn't state what theirs is.

IF anyone has used both would love to hear your opinions on them.

Ta

Miles

Medal Winner
Visit site
From various reviews I've read the fd is a monster off the tee but not so great from the fairways. I use the 910f and I loove it, great sound and feel.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Been looking at getting a new fairway wood and have narrowed it down to a Ping G20 or the Titleist 910Fd one. Does anyone know what the specs are for the G20 as the titleist has .5 degree open head and ping doesn't state what theirs is.

IF anyone has used both would love to hear your opinions on them.

Ta

Whilst the Titleist head is neutrally open, it is adjustable so that you can open or close it 0.75 degrees, so you can set it up slightly closed if thats what you are looking for

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Steve.

I don't know your handicap however another fairway I'd recommend if your handicap is less than 20 is the Callaway Diablo Edge Tour. They're on special at £59.99 or £55 each if you buy a 3 and 5 wood from online golf.

See the following review:
http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/sh...llaway-Diablo-Edge-Tour-Fairways&daysprune=14

I've used the woods quite a few times now and the 5 wood has become my go to club as it's easy to hit and is very straight and forgiving. At the price if you don't get on with them you could put them on ebay and lose very little money

steve_wood

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not a fan of the Callaway clubs. Just something about them I don't like. thanks for the suggestion though.

think I will have to go and give both a bit of a bashing and see whats what. I shall report back with my findings as soon as a purchase is made.