Titleist 909d2

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
Just wondering If anyone has this and what their opinion is in this. They're going very cheap on golf bidder and eBay (50-70) and I'm thinking of getting it to match my 3 wood. Is it slightly one/closed at adress ? And how different is it from 909 d3?

-Ally

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It will be slightly open and it differs from the D£ in the same way the 910 does,
D2 is slightly more forgiving, D3 is aimed more at higher swing speeds and is easier to work.
Leave well alone unless you swing well. Titleist drivers, 910 apart, are notoriously tricky for handicap golfers to control. Some get on with them, most don't.
Definitely try before you buy or buy from Golfbidder - you get 7 days to send it back for full refund if you don't like it.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a 909 and it was fine it is certainly a club that will punish you but no more than any other driver. If you get it from golf odder with the 7 day trial it's not too bad and the price seems pretty good.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good club, set up for the slightly better player, but more forgiving and a higher ball flight than the D3. The standard shaft is usually a Voodoo made for Titleist. This is not a bad shaft, but it plays a wee bit softer than a 'real' Voodoo.

A

Alex1975

Love mine, partly I guess because the shafts i have is so nice. I have hit a few long drives off the toe in its life so I would say its not as harsh as it is sometimes made out to be.

Good solid sound, great looking head, quality club.

1/2 degree open.

A

Alex1975

Love mine, partly I guess because the shafts i have is so nice. I have hit a few long drives off the toe in its life so I would say its not as harsh as it is sometimes made out to be.

Good solid sound, great looking head, quality club.

1/2 degree open.

I would quite like a D3 though....

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whats the difference between the d2 and the d3?

Smaller head and generates less spin. When I was chatting to the titleist rep he was saying it was equivalent to two degrees of loft between the 909dcomp and 909d3 with the d2 in between.

A

Alex1975

Smaller head and generates less spin. When I was chatting to the titleist rep he was saying it was equivalent to two degrees of loft between the 909dcomp and 909d3 with the d2 in between.

Yep D2 is mid launch D3 is mid-low I think.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Always amazes me that you see all the pro's using the 909's sitting under 910 headcovers. Really does say alot for the 909's.
Although Webb Simpson cracked the face of his 909 driver at kapalua

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Always amazes me that you see all the pro's using the 909's sitting under 910 headcovers. Really does say alot for the 909's.
Although Webb Simpson cracked the face of his 909 driver at kapalua

Really?

I thought most of them were using the 910?

Also, more pro's (from what I've read) still used an older version (905?) instead of the 909.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i'd recommend giving the 909 a go

i used to be a taylor made fan boy, i've had the original burner, 580xd, 2007 burner, 2008 burner and the 2010 superfast.

Tried the 910d2 this year, and in my humble opinion its the best driver ive ever had, seems more penetraing but still easy to launch.

I'm firmly in the titleist camp now :)