Titleist 816 H2 Golf Hybrid - Review Please

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi team....

So long story short...my trusty Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Pro (18 degrees - Aldila Green stiff shaft) broke on me over the weekend....

I am now in the market for a new one. I am close to 50 years old, play off 5 about 3 times a week. Can carry driver around the 250 yard mark and old Hybrid around 200 yards As I have played more recently it has been my go to club.
The 'problem' is I will be buying blind as I live in deepest rural France with no actual golf shops remotely near me.
All my other clubs are Titleist ...so how bad can they be?

Anybody out there got one?

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

M

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got the 816 H1 in a 25. Decided on that over the H2 after reading the differences online. I switched my MD rescue to the Titleist because I was looking for something that gave a little bit more drop and stop because I use that loft as an iron replacement and not a FW replacement

I changed the shaft to my preferred shaft (which is not a Titleist offering) but there is nothing wrong with the Diamana they supply just chose which based upon the type of flight you prefer.

I had the 18 briefly but I hit it no better than my TM so resold it.

In essence very happy with them

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for replies..........I guess I'll go for the gut feeling and press the green button for the H2 19 degrees.......it was only because I hit my defunct Callaway well that I never changed it to the H2.....

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
read some more....youtube...and am thinking H1 now! More forgiving.....fighting my ego here, as the other one is supposed to be for lower handicaps...but probably harder to getter a better connection.....now I need to choose a shaft ...Aldila Rouge Black 85...or Aldila Rouge Silver 85...Silver supposed to have a slightly lower launch...but will be mostly using it from tee box on a tee if that helps the collective decide what I need!

M

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
yes...see that thanks......going more H1 at the moment...will watch more reviews tonight, collect your thoughts and then go for it just looking for someone with similar handicap as me..not everyone has this in their signature...then I'll go for it.....

D

Deleted member 16999

I went from Titleist 816 H1’s to the Callaway Rogue Hybrids, for me they gave a better flight felt easier to hit.
Not adjustable like the Titleist, but sometimes less is more.

PatrickGainey

Visit site
It's absolutely the hybrid I have the most confidence in right now. It's just so easy to hit its kind of silly actually and the way it launches the ball is just ridiculous.