Titleist 718 Launch

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
29th September is release day of the new 718 irons. Is anyone indulging ????? I must say the AP3's look beautiful but at £150 per iron, and they're cast too, they're very expensive. Might be worth exploring costings with your friendly North East pro shop before buying from any of the major players. Just a thought..;););););););)

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
29th September is release day of the new 718 irons. Is anyone indulging ????? I must say the AP3's look beautiful but at £150 per iron, and they're cast too, they're very expensive. Might be worth exploring costings with your friendly North East pro shop before buying from any of the major players. Just a thought..;););););););)
Yes have to agree. Beautiful but expensive 😍

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Courtesy of GM and Titleist I was fitted for a set of AP1's about 10 days ago, constantly looking out for the delivery driver now, waiting anxiously to try them. :eek:ne:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, lucky you. Did you try the AP3's while you were there too ??? All 3 "distance" sets look great to be fair.

The lovely fitter took one look at my swing and opted for the AP1's, I cant think why he didn't let me loose on the musclebacks :whistle:

All great looking clubs tho' and a massive choice of CF options. :thup::thup:

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really like the look of the AP3's but a 43 degree PW is ridiculous. Would need 2 gap wedges between that and a 56 degree sand wedge - mental!!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've ordered the ap2. i desperately wanted to like the ap3 but the ball speeds where far too inconsistent around the face. stunning line of clubs though

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
im waiting on delivery for a combo set of CB and AP2.

Titleist have really gone through a massive upgrade this year the AP2's are ridiculously forgiving and feel almost as soft as the cbs

I suggest getting fitted with a club pro, you really shouldnt be paying 150 a club

D

Deleted Member 1156

I really like the look of the AP3's but a 43 degree PW is ridiculous. Would need 2 gap wedges between that and a 56 degree sand wedge - mental!!

Not really an issue, all the stronger lofts do is effectively change the number on the sole of the club. If they are that strong then I expect the 5i loft will be close to an older 3i so just add wedges instead of long irons. Bit pointless really but I guess manufacturers all want to claim to have the longest clubs.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Loads of good reviews about the AP range on youtube. Do like the look of the AP2 and AP3 but the lofts and cost (for cast in the AP3's) are off putting

i wouldn't let the lofts put you off. the ap3 are 2 degrees stronger than my clubs and the ap3 still launched higher.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not really an issue, all the stronger lofts do is effectively change the number on the sole of the club. If they are that strong then I expect the 5i loft will be close to an older 3i so just add wedges instead of long irons. Bit pointless really but I guess manufacturers all want to claim to have the longest clubs.

it really isn't about the longest iron on the market. the lofts have to be strong to keep the ball down as the face is very powerful. i was very surprised how high the ap3 launched with lofts so strong

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

It is an issue for me as I said above, no probs if it isn't for you.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So are the AP3 a high launching club?
They are very nice but very expensive though, what's the reason for them being cast? I thought most "players" irons were forged