Tips on adjusting your shortgame for frosty conditions.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
ive never strugged with the stock spikes before, but the problem is the frost was that deep in the ground there ws just no give, couple that with tightly cut tee boxes and it just didnt inspire confidence to really attack the ball with a stable base.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
ive never strugged with the stock spikes before, but the problem is the frost was that deep in the ground there ws just no give, couple that with tightly cut tee boxes and it just didnt inspire confidence to really attack the ball with a stable base.

Even with metal spikes in, you still can't swing like you would if it wasn't frozen. They don't work miracles. They are better than plastic though.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've spikes in one of my pairs of FJ for this time of year. Great decision and I rarely slip. They don't seem to accumulate as much forst on the bottom as you walk either. I know Hawkeye had real problems in the first few holes on Saturday and was definitely a Len Goodman 7 for one pirouette on the 3rd tee.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
sounds like my partner sunday martin, back swing and a big spin like something out of wacky racers... one down on the first to a pair with a combined handicap of 50.

Dreamer2

Head Pro
Visit site
adopt to wind and rain yes thats easy to do you no ruffly were the ball will finish ,,but playing on a frozen surface thats like playing on concrete you can keep the ball as low as you like when it hits the ground its all look were it lands & there is no reading the greens either ,,simply land 20yards short of the green and hope there is a putt