Tiger woods for the wii

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have it and TBH I am quite impressed with it.

I am not a hard core gamer so I don't know what you're looking for in it but having grown up with monopoly, draughts etc.. It is a huge leap forward.

The lad plays it a lot and he is into his consoles.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'd also be interested in opinions on the difference between 08 and 09. getting the kids a Wii for Christmas, so I will be getting one game for me!! I've read that in 09 the putting engine is revisited to align it with the Xbox and Playstation, and this is a backward step. Some people say 08 remains superior, so I'm trying to decide which I want - a golfer's review of both might help me make up my mind - anybody?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I'd also be interested in opinions on the difference between 08 and 09. getting the kids a Wii for Christmas, so I will be getting one game for me!! I've read that in 09 the putting engine is revisited to align it with the Xbox and Playstation, and this is a backward step. Some people say 08 remains superior, so I'm trying to decide which I want - a golfer's review of both might help me make up my mind - anybody?

Ditto for me.

I've read in parts that 08 is the better game, I tried it one time (may have been 07), but you have to complete a little training session before you can play and it was bloody nigh on impossible....

The 09 version gives you all play, which supposedly levels the field for players of all abilities.

mrmotorbikeman

Club Champion
Visit site
Its a good laugh as long as you aim to have fun, and not groove a new swing! I enjoy it, and unlike a lot of people, have ahd no problem with putting. Not a greatly serious game, but enjoyable imho.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dunno about it on wii but I have it for 360 and its good. Although I thought 08 had more chocie of equipment.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have 08 and 09 on the 360, and I think overall I prefer 09 myself. The graphics are a litte better, the learning curve is a little steeper, and it's harder to keep hold of your stats. A couple of bad rounds can affect your driving or short game play so you have to really concentrate to keep on top of your game. The "simultaneous" play is also very good, meaning that if you are playing in a fourball, everybody tees off/plays their second shots/putts together. The other 3 players shots are depicted by a yellow, red and blue line which follows their shots. It's quite good to be watching your ball fly off down the fairway and suddenly see these other lines appear telling you where the other players balls are going. The only downside to this is when you are on the putting green trying to line up a putt before the shot clock expires and somebody else is on your exact line. But it's a small price to pay and it enables you to get a full 18 hole game in within 20 minutes rather than an hour or so waiting for other people to play their shots. You don't have to play simultaneous play, you can still play the "old fashioned" way if you want, but I think it adds a new dimension to the game.
Also on 09 you have the addition of a few new courses (Wentworth being one of them) and I find the online experience much better, not having half as many problems trying to connect with the servers trying to get a game started. Is it worth upgrading to 09? I think so.
Rob

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm just racked off that they're not doing the 09 game on the PC. Can't get near the Boy's Playstation so that's no good and can't justify another console just to play a newer version of the game.

Boo Hoo