Tiger Woods Coming Back

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Tigers no spring chicken anymore. His main weapon was consistency. He could wear down any opponent. He hasn't got that now.

Not sure which coach he will turn to in the next few months but it will be interesting to see how he comes out of this next year when the season resumes.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello and welcome .
must admit as first posts go that was a pit of copy and paste which kinda belongs in an existing thread rather than a starter ,

Enjoy the forum. it has its little quirky ways & members ,but it really is a decent ole place

As for Tiger . his body needs him to lose this longing for explosiveness , someone please send him dvd.s of Ernie & Freddie C

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tigers no spring chicken anymore. His main weapon was consistency. He could wear down any opponent. He hasn't got that now.

Not sure which coach he will turn to in the next few months but it will be interesting to see how he comes out of this next year when the season resumes.

I agree. Will never be the force he was BUT once he gets fully fit, or as close as he can and maybe gets his head clear of technical issues he can compete at the highest level and could well win another major. I can't see him beat Jack's record though

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I agree. Will never be the force he was BUT once he gets fully fit, or as close as he can and maybe gets his head clear of technical issues he can compete at the highest level and could well win another major. I can't see him beat Jack's record though

Serious replies? Really?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site

I agree that he won't beat Jacks record but I do think he has a good chance of eclipsing Snead.

Which coach would be the right one for Tiger though?

D

Deleted member 15344

Woods won't be playing for another 20 years - his knee and back won't hack it

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I agree that he won't beat Jacks record but I do think he has a good chance of eclipsing Snead.

Which coach would be the right one for Tiger though?

Not sure. Think Woods comes with some baggage (not just off course) these days and he's changed regularly looking for something or other. My gut instinct would say Harmon but with the other clients he has would he be able or willing to give Woods the time he'd demand. I think Harmon understands Woods though and looks at him almost like a son. Just my own humble opinion of course

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tiger has always been one to compete and the problem he has is that he wants to compete so much that he tries to come back from injury way before he is ready. You can tell with his drives he wants the "explosiveness" but with the knee and back injuries he has had, it is difficult for him to get the power and consistency.

If he can build his strength up properly I think he will come good again, maybe not winning everything, but start to win something's.

c1pjr

Hacker
Visit site
Personally I think Tiger needs to stop going so hard in the gym, doing all of this marine training etc. That's the main reason he's getting injured, and its stopping him from playing and performing at his best.

In terms of him coming back, people write him off too easily. His ability is like no other, he'll come back and win another major, remains to be seen if he'll beat Jack Nicklaus' record though

gdunc79

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Personally I think Tiger needs to stop going so hard in the gym, doing all of this marine training etc. That's the main reason he's getting injured, and its stopping him from playing and performing at his best.

In terms of him coming back, people write him off too easily. His ability is like no other, he'll come back and win another major, remains to be seen if he'll beat Jack Nicklaus' record though

He clearly doesn't want to come back unless he feels he can be one of the best again hence the fascination with the gym work and the explosiveness he is looking for. Good on him for trying to be the best he can be.