Tickets for the Open

DGB

Visit site
Hi,

I have 4 tickets for the Open on the Saturday. But i don't think i can go and would like to swap for the Friday or Thursday. Apparently I cant buy more tickets for the Thursday or Friday (to then sell my Saturday ones). Does anyone know of any forums or sites where I might be able to swap?

Thanks

David

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They can only be transferred using the official App and/or ticket Marketplace. Neither of which are available yet, we only know it's coming early 2022 from the FAQs

https://www.theopen.com/ticket-ballot-faqs

I would like to transfer one or more of my tickets to a guest. What do I need to know?
"The tickets are fully transferrable and can be sent digitally to friends and family. The digital tickets will be available approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the event and can be transferred via an app, allowing individuals to hold and display their own tickets. The name of the ticket purchaser will be displayed on the ticket, but this will not restrict use of the ticket and it is not necessary for the original ticket purchaser to be in attendance at the event. The only instance in which ID might be necessary under normal circumstances is to confirm the age of an attendee using a Youth or Junior ticket, or if the ticket cannot be displayed digitally. More information about the digital ticketing provisions will be communicated to fans closer to the event."

And

I’ve paid for my tickets but can no longer attend. Can I get a refund??
"Unfortunately, tickets are only refundable within 48hrs of purchase. However, in the New Year we will be launching our in-house resale platform that will allow you to list your unwanted tickets for sale, in a controlled and safe environment. More details regarding this will be released in early 2022."

Khadj pats

Visit site
I’ve just realised I may not be able to take days off at work. I realise there’s a resale option on the official website but would it be possible to transfer tickets later on as I wouldn’t want to give away my tickets until I know for sure. Maybe I can pass it to friends or family who can join my friends

Visit site
There is only the resale option with no option to transfer or swap. Your best option might be sell the tickets on the resale platform and daily check the page for Saturday tickets coming on again. I got tickets for Thursday last week and other posters have picked up Saturday and Sundays.

AdamW

Visit site
Has the resale app / website launched yet? Had a bit of a look but could not find it.

Hoping I might get lucky and get a a couple of tickets if I keep my eyes open

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve just realised I may not be able to take days off at work. I realise there’s a resale option on the official website but would it be possible to transfer tickets later on as I wouldn’t want to give away my tickets until I know for sure. Maybe I can pass it to friends or family who can join my friends

It’s mentioned in the Tickets FAQ. https://www.theopen.com/ticket-ballot-faqs

I would like to transfer one or more of my tickets to a guest. What do I need to know?
The tickets are fully transferrable and can be sent digitally to friends and family. The digital tickets will be available approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the event and can be transferred via an app, allowing individuals to hold and display their own tickets.

Visit site
It’s mentioned in the Tickets FAQ. https://www.theopen.com/ticket-ballot-faqs

The tickets are fully transferrable and can be sent digitally to friends and family. The digital tickets will be available approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the event and can be transferred via an app, allowing individuals to hold and display their own tickets.
The OP was looking a swap to try and get weekend tickets which isn’t an option yet. Transfer a good option if he has friends or family who could avail of them.