thought i was going to get fitted for a new driver

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
i wont name the place or pro yet (nothing bad but will wait). i booked a fitting session with an ayrshire pro. now i play of 13 but dont have a consistant swing. but as my last driver was bought online i thought best get a pro to look at whats best. i had read somewhere that unless you are really good or know your game stock shafts will be fine. this course has a golf simulator attached to it!!!! so the pro can fit me for ping titleist or taylormade. after getting used to smashing balls into a sheet screen thing, i enjoyed it. i was using the driving range mode, and the machine gave you all the stats, angle, launch, clubhead square open etc.
after a few hits he asked about my previous lessons! i said including this then one!!!! lol
he suggested having a couple of lessons first would be better for me. so he got me working on not stiffening my right leg and turning my chest through impact to facing the target. big difference as 'im all handsy'. i will work on it till next lesson.
was impressed with his patter and his diagnosis. also the simulator was pretty impressive as i could see the clubhead path and impact path. now i have got a choice of driver ping g20 or titleist 910 D2. will try them again out on the practise area. i like the idea of being able to change shaft easily myself with the titleist.
basically what im trying to say is 'try a lesson first' it will definetly help your game.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
wont say till ive got a new driver, but it is in south ayrshire and the simulator is a recent thing. you can play a whole host of golf courses on it. when i turn my chest round to face target it was like night and day. really got me thinking about a course of lessons.

Intel

Hacker
Visit site
Always the best advice. If you're ever thinking of buying a new club so you can 'hit it longer', 'hit it straighter', 'hit it higher' etc, keep the club you have got and put the money towards a couple of lessons. I can ALMOST guarantee you'll be better or it. :)

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Thats they same way my pro taught me to turn my chest and let the club drop down naturally rather than just being all hands and arms.

Also he wouldnt let me buy any of the new adjustable drivers that i wanted as he said he would teach me how to get the straighter shots with any driver not one set up to anti-slice mode.

Intel

Hacker
Visit site
my current driver is 12 degree's so after 3 seasons im sure its time for a 10.5. but lessons are in my plans

Get lessons first!

Many many players play with too little loft on their driver. Don't be fooled into thinking that a lower loft means you'll hit it further. I know lots of people who hit MUCH better drives with 12-14 degrees than they did with their old 10 degree driver.

A couple of lessons should let you know which might be better........then again, a fitting would do the trick!!!