Those pesky millennials

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
And my advice for the one thing on there you should try, the Cronut. Its a cross between a croissant and a doughnut. #Amazeballs

Hoganman1

Visit site
I presume the Rose means wine. What has that got to do with millennials.

I ave been drinking that before I was even old to drink legally.

Still like the occasional bottle Of Mateus but prefer Rose D'Anjou.

Take that out of the list and il est nil point pour moi aussi.
If Rose' is wine, I've had it but much prefer Chardonnay.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Might one suggest that this list is as much about where you live as opposed to your age? As there are not that many shops selling the majority of said items on my high street. Where as if you live down there in London Village I presume there are more opportunities to purchase a few of the products. And if you lived in California I expect you couldn't buy anything but these items in most supermarkets. It looks like an American list to me.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried two. (Oat milk when HID tried going lactose free, and also tried kwin-oh-a. No idea what keen-wah is?) Have only heard of one of the others. Thats not to say i might not try them if I saw them - but they're just not in the places I frequent.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Had to look a couple up but having lived in Japan for a couple of years, and visited there many, many times, I've had a few of the options on the list long before they became "millenial"... but then I'm on the verge of being old too. A solid 11 possibly 12.

Avocado on toast - a recent addition and surprisingly nice, a staple breakfast in Patisserie Valerie.
Charcoal water - was drinking that in Japan back in the 90's
Black ice cream - Black sesame ice cream in Japan, totally awesome ice cream.
Quinoa - spawn of the devil
Maccha - been drinking it since the 90's, but the evolvement of the original maccha frappucino in Japanese Starbucks circa 2000 was genius (does that make it millenial?), not to mention rather delectable.
Poke - diced sashimi, eaten too many times to count and can't get enough of it.
Green Juice (aojiru) - used to bring it back from Japan mid 90's, made from powdered barley shoots, a little bitter but quite nice made with milk instead of water.
Cauli rice - recent try, not too bad.
Boba - not my cup of tea, prefer coffee jelly, but have had it a few times on my travels
sushi burrito (makizushi) - eaten too much to count. No need to add meat, should be reserved for fish or veg.
Rose - not the best, prefer a solid red, or white.
rolled ice cream - does a vienetta count??

Last edited:

Wolf

Visit site
  • Quinoa no real difference to eating normal rice to me.
  • Cauliflower Rice unbelievably bland even with other flavours
  • Almond Butter not as good as peanut butter
  • Waffle sandwiches amazing if they have chicken, bacon & maple syrup filling ?
  • Bullet proof coffee unbelievably High calories for a coffee drink and adding 2 knobs of butter to a coffee is a very strange flavour..
  • Oat milk ?
  • Overnight Oats is my absolute favourite breakfast, filling and so many ways you can change the flavours ?
As for the rest the only other I've tried is Rose but that doesn't count as i remember my old man drinking Matteus back in the 80s

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bullet proof coffee unbelievably High calories for a coffee drink and adding 2 knobs of butter to a coffee is a very strange flavour.

I did the Keto diet for about 6 weeks, Bullet proof coffee was a daily challenge, I did not enjoy trying Keto, I never broke the back of it and was knackered the whole time, even though Pee sticks were telling me I was in ketosis. Learned a lot since, nowt wrong with a balanced diet! I aim for 1/2,1/4,1/4. 1/2 plate veg, 1/4 plate decent carbs, 1/4 plate protein. Simples!!

Wolf

Visit site
I did the Keto diet for about 6 weeks, Bullet proof coffee was a daily challenge, I did not enjoy trying Keto, I never broke the back of it and was knackered the whole time, even though Pee sticks were telling me I was in ketosis. Learned a lot since, nowt wrong with a balanced diet! I aim for 1/2,1/4,1/4. 1/2 plate veg, 1/4 plate decent carbs, 1/4 plate protein. Simples!!
One of the most bizarre things to drink. Not surprised Keto left you energy depleted horrendous way to eat and takes weeks to balance energy. Keep it simple and balanced is all you need.