Things That Gladden The Heart

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have been wanting to scream 'walk' at one of my very nice villagers who 'jogs' in lycra around our two mile dog walk circuit for the last 5 years.
She actually 'jogs' at a slower pace than a 75 year old me briskly walks.
This morning [still in lycra] she has adopted a power walk style and can now move quicker than me. (y) :love:

Asian Dawn

Visit site
I have been wanting to scream 'walk' at one of my very nice villagers who 'jogs' in lycra around our two mile dog walk circuit for the last 5 years.
She actually 'jogs' at a slower pace than a 75 year old me briskly walks.
This morning [still in lycra] she has adopted a power walk style and can now move quicker than me. (y) :love:

I thought you had an issue with people who are slow. Now you've got a problem with people who are fast as well??

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I finished my cardiac exercise class yesterday. I have to say though, if you're unlucky enough to have a heart attack and are offered a an exercise class they are so very helpful in recovery, I had to attend for 2 days a week for eight weeks, and I did every single routine they have

One thing that surprised me was that hardly anyone at the classes were grossly (or moderately fat). When it was explained they said that blood is sticky, so if something sticks to it, then something sticks to that, then maybe some calcium sticks and then, "bang" you've had a heart attack and you don't have to be overweight for it to happen. Also they said that most who return after an attack a second time are predominantly the ones who stop taking the medication because the feel well!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a stretch to say this gladdens the heart but....I went to see James Acaster, comedian for those who don't know the name, in Newcastle last night. Very good night. Not guffawing laughs but plenty of laughs, smiles and chuckles throughout the evening. He was probably on stage for 90 minutes or so in total, a decent time for a stand up. Best of all, he had a fully prepared show, he was not reliant on the cop out of going along the front row of the audience for material. It's a real pet hate of mine that one and he avoided it. If he is coming your way, give him a go.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
The boiler situation from last week is now fixed!

messaged our guy on Saturday last week to see what he thought, he came and investigated on Sunday. Found the problem and ordered the parts, they arrived yesterday and he came to fit them last night. Now all back up and running.

Grand total cost to us:£0. Great service from him as it always has been for the 6 years we have used him.

Also shout out to StuC for his help when it initially broke.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok - will stick my head above the parapet. Was only 34° yesterday here in La Gomera (Canary Is). Paid £4 for beer & a wine. The best bit was - no rain. And no prospect of any for the foreseeable ...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I will preempt this statement with the fact I do love My children

However there is no nicer saying than

Back to school

Their excited to see their friends and I'm excited to get some jobs done

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dishwasher had an error code, waste wasn’t draining away due to the house builder playing the U bend challenge.
Managed to find a YouTube video, showing how to sort it out. So I have drained it and the error code has gone.
So fingers crossed that holds, but i have treated myself to hand syphon for the future.
Also popped some drain clear down the sink as that’s the clogging culprit.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Could have easily gone in the random irritations thread if it wasnt for the good samaritan.

Had to drive up to London today to pick a trailer up to bring back to Southampton, got there all fine, collected the trailer and 5 mins later warning light comes on for low tyre pressure. Pulled into a petrol station and its fully flat and pretty knackered. No worries, I can change a wheel, get all the kit out, eventually loosen the bolts with the tiny little bar you get. Jack the car up on the pissy little jack, but cant for the life of me pull the wheel off and I dont want to pull too hard incase I pull the car off the jack. Having a bit of a scratch my head moment, then in pulls a mobile tyre fitter. Took him a while to get out his van, but eventually he does and he can see whats going on. Literally 3 mins later, his air jack is under the car, weve got the wheel off, space saver on and hes torqued everything up with his torque wrench.

I offered to get him lunch, but he didnt want anything. Said he was in a good mood as his kid with autism had got into the school they wanted, then had a good chat as my Mrs is a SENCO.

Only downside was I had to drive all the way back to Southampton with the space saver on.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Could have easily gone in the random irritations thread if it wasnt for the good samaritan.

Had to drive up to London today to pick a trailer up to bring back to Southampton, got there all fine, collected the trailer and 5 mins later warning light comes on for low tyre pressure. Pulled into a petrol station and its fully flat and pretty knackered. No worries, I can change a wheel, get all the kit out, eventually loosen the bolts with the tiny little bar you get. Jack the car up on the pissy little jack, but cant for the life of me pull the wheel off and I dont want to pull too hard incase I pull the car off the jack. Having a bit of a scratch my head moment, then in pulls a mobile tyre fitter. Took him a while to get out his van, but eventually he does and he can see whats going on. Literally 3 mins later, his air jack is under the car, weve got the wheel off, space saver on and hes torqued everything up with his torque wrench.

I offered to get him lunch, but he didnt want anything. Said he was in a good mood as his kid with autism had got into the school they wanted, then had a good chat as my Mrs is a SENCO.

Only downside was I had to drive all the way back to Southampton with the space saver on.

This is happening so much now, I couldn't get my mum's tyre off the other week it broke my torque wrench!

Guy at work couldn't get his wheel off .. even the track workers couldn't

The aa came and said now days they get fused on and need the gun to get them off

So much for spare tyres , I'd be stuck anyways lol 🤣