Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Really enjoyed/enjoying McCartney @ Glastonbury…and tbh a lot more than I thought I would. Dave Grohl…epic..now Springsteen…now that’s not a bad couple of mates for you ?

And actually all just pretty darned epic. Now that was good.

And thankyou BBC for bringing us Glastonbury…worth every penny of the licence fee.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Import them, they must be in season somewhere ..................................... surely.

Yes, available all year round from, surprisingly, Mexico.

I wonder whether Tashy bought any back with him?
Off to Costa Rica next week. Won’t be going outta me way to look for some. ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Now home after a lovely week in The Lakes staying at my cousins place - and old railway station outside Coniston. I’ve been going to the house for 50yrs since my aunt and uncle bought it in 1972 and know the south lakes area pretty well, but the weather this time and the walking were the best I can recall. Our walk up Dow Crag and down back by the ridge on Thursday were especially fabulous - the views to the central fells inc Scafell, Scafell Pike and up to Skiddaw in the distance were just awesome, as was our late afternoon session and dinner on Wednesday at a Windermere hotel spa.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anybody play Yahtzee?
Had the grandkids for a sleepover on Saturday and played Yahtzee with them and to see their faces when they got a Yahtzee was a picture!
But the reason I've put this up is because my grandson and his dad had one last game before they went home. Firstly, grandson got a Yahtzee, then I threw 5 two's in one throw, and in this last game my son in law got one as well, to top it all grandson got yet another one, all in the same game!!
What are the odds on this?
Before anybody says, no, the dice are not loaded!

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anybody play Yahtzee?
Had the grandkids for a sleepover on Saturday and played Yahtzee with them and to see their faces when they got a Yahtzee was a picture!
But the reason I've put this up is because my grandson and his dad had one last game before they went home. Firstly, grandson got a Yahtzee, then I threw 5 two's in one throw, and in this last game my son in law got one as well, to top it all grandson got yet another one, all in the same game!!
What are the odds on this?
Before anybody says, no, the dice are not loaded!

Ooh, I've not played it for years. Was one of our family games growing up.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Deborah James receiving a Damehood and within a few days, Prince William turns up to present it to her in person. A terribly sad story but the way the wheels were put in motion so quickly so make her feel special at the end of her life was truly gladdening.
Very sad news this evening as we learn of the passing of (Dame) Deborah James - aka @bowelbabe. But gladness with the sadness for her life and the fortitude she showed through and beyond her treatment for bowel cancer; for raising over six million £s and, most importantly, raising awareness of bowel cancer and the early symptoms.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Me and Missis T having a couple of days away. Just us two. Had a lovey walk around Ogston resevoir. Bought a pound of local honey. Now sat sipping Titanic beer. It’s a thing of beauty. And due a slap up meal in white horse pub, Woolley Moor tonight. Alarm not set for the morning.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Walking up the 7th today after a conversation on wildlife and the fact we don't see seals ofter on the beach, low and behold there on the surf edge was a seal with a pup, we watched her take it back in the water and swim along the waters edge foe some distance. Lovely to see.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A couple of days away in San Jose, just down the coast. Only 40 mins by car but just fancied a short break somewhere very Spanish. Fabulous evening meal in a restaurant overlooking the marina. Watched the sun go down over the mountains… bliss

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
A couple of days away in San Jose, just down the coast. Only 40 mins by car but just fancied a short break somewhere very Spanish. Fabulous evening meal in a restaurant overlooking the marina. Watched the sun go down over the mountains… bliss
Interested to know which restaurant? (I know a couple decent spots in San J but also know couple of 'don't go backs'.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Interested to know which restaurant? (I know a couple decent spots in San J but also know couple of 'don't go backs'.

Malibu. The first one you come to as you reach the barrier into the marina. Staff were brilliant. I had the seafood soup starter, followed up with dorado. Dessert was average but the wine was decent, and reasonable. Got the usual chupito, and then they bought us a second. Then got a free cocktail in the bar they’ve got at the end of the restaurant.