Things That Gladden The Heart

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ordered something from Go Outdoors a few weeks ago, I thought it was click and collect turned out to be order from warehouse and delivered to store.
I called in and had a minor rant at the manager as the website wasn’t clear that it wasn’t click and collect I was selecting.
Anyway she was great and just got my stuff from the shop stock and said they’d replace it when my order arrived at the store.
Just had an email saying I’ve got a full refund for the items I never collected from store ?
Now normally I’d fess up but sod em, they need to sort out their online ordering system.

RichA

Visit site
Glastonbury.
Always wanted to go when I was younger but I couldn't afford to.
Now I can afford it but I'm too old and risk/discomfort averse to spend a long weekend camping in a muddy field with 100,000 younger people.
I'm glad the BBC provide such excellent coverage so I can enjoy it from the comfort of my living room.
Watched some artists I love over the years and seen some amazing performances by artists I wouldn't have otherwise crossed the road to see.

Thought I'd post it here, rather than disagreeing with the guys on the Misery thread.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Glastonbury.
Always wanted to go when I was younger but I couldn't afford to.
Now I can afford it but I'm too old and risk/discomfort averse to spend a long weekend camping in a muddy field with 100,000 younger people.
I'm glad the BBC provide such excellent coverage so I can enjoy it from the comfort of my living room.
Watched some artists I love over the years and seen some amazing performances by artists I wouldn't have otherwise crossed the road to see.

Thought I'd post it here, rather than disagreeing with the guys on the Misery thread.

Thought I would clarfiy my grumpy comments on the other thread. i actually also enjoy the BBC Coveage of the festival and have no issue with it. It is all of the hangers on and shows that have no need or reason to be at the festival presenting from there as a nice freebie on the BBC Dime. Same used to happen in the summer when pretty much everyone used to head off to Ibitha to present their show.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ordered something from Go Outdoors a few weeks ago, I thought it was click and collect turned out to be order from warehouse and delivered to store.
I called in and had a minor rant at the manager as the website wasn’t clear that it wasn’t click and collect I was selecting.
Anyway she was great and just got my stuff from the shop stock and said they’d replace it when my order arrived at the store.
Just had an email saying I’ve got a full refund for the items I never collected from store ?
Now normally I’d fess up but sod em, they need to sort out their online ordering system.
Will probably come out of that nice manager's wages.

RichA

Visit site
Thought I would clarfiy my grumpy comments on the other thread. i actually also enjoy the BBC Coveage of the festival and have no issue with it. It is all of the hangers on and shows that have no need or reason to be at the festival presenting from there as a nice freebie on the BBC Dime. Same used to happen in the summer when pretty much everyone used to head off to Ibitha to present their show.
I do get what you're saying, but it's arguably the biggest arts/music event of the year in the UK and it incorporates all the content covered by R1 + spin off stations, R2, R6 and all the TV channels. I think it would be weird if they didn't have a massive presence there. In reality, it's probably actually cheaper than recording original documentary or drama programming.