Things That Gladden The Heart

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I never watch it now I think it’s wrong the best dancers don’t get through, happens every year.

Also all the fawning over each other the judges and contestants, all so false.

I agree. There is a celeb every year that goes far further than their ability should dictate. I know it is ultimately a popularity contest but losing some good dancers technically to someone more inept but more social media savvy or in the public spotlight in their normal role isn't right.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Having my lunch in Tesco's car park and watching the delusions of adequacy of so many drivers trying to park...
Just watching a guy in his 60s take 4 goes to park his Beemer next to a Jeep that's not in the middle of it's bay..he parked, got out to check how close he was, got back in, backed out, came in again in, virtually, the exact same spot. Tried again and managed to move it 3 inches, tried again and put it back where it was originally.
Pure entertainment...:LOL:

RichA

Visit site
Wife was watching results show I glanced up and said that there’s only one couple going through, so it wasn’t a shock to see them go through.

I just couldn’t watch the same sex couple anymore they are just so camp it started to be cringeworthy.
Ballroom dancing is camp. The heterosexual male dancers are generally quite camp.
Kelvin, the northern slab of granite who won it a couple of years ago, was as camp as a camp thing when he did a rumba.
If campness makes someone cringe, Saturday night early evening, light entertainment TV for the last 50 years must've been quite uncomfortable for them.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ballroom dancing is camp. The heterosexual male dancers are generally quite camp.
Kelvin, the northern slab of granite who won it a couple of years ago, was as camp as a camp thing when he did a rumba.
If campness makes someone cringe, Saturday night early evening, light entertainment TV for the last 50 years must've been quite uncomfortable for them.

I’ve not seen anything as bad as them two especially when they are being interviewed, not for me I just avoid watching anything I dislike and listen to music instead.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just received a second hand Skycaddie SG5 that I bought from eBay for £27. Arrived in about 4 days after buying it. Bought it for spares for mine but it is actually in better condition than my 12 year old one. Connected to my sky golf account to activate it and saw that its last owner was called Tom Lewis. Not sure if it is the guy that is on tour but the course on there was Welwyn Garden City which is where he is from. All up and running and works like a dream. A real bargain seeing as my first one cost £300 back in 2009.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Built a set of speakers for a client loosely based on a £5k set of Klipsch monitors and finished them in a lovely Tineo Applewood with a Danish oil and gloss polyurethane clear coat.

He just called them a “work of art”. It’s great to get feedback like that after working on them for well over a week.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I Met Kelvin Fletcher a few weeks before the Strictly he won and he was what they call "pumped". I think if you called him camp you'd have been running something under the cold tap to fix the nosebleed. Really nice guy though

RichA

Visit site
I Met Kelvin Fletcher a few weeks before the Strictly he won and he was what they call "pumped". I think if you called him camp you'd have been running something under the cold tap to fix the nosebleed. Really nice guy though
I doubt very much he would care less if anyone called him camp. He doesn't seem the type who would feel threatened.
If he's really a nice guy, as he seems, he might even feel more hostile towards someone who assumes that he's an aggressive homophobe, just because he's muscular and heterosexual.
John Waite is also fairly "pumped". Any assumptions about him?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My internet and Wi-Fi back up and running after being down since Friday :love: sadly my 65 inch telly is still in for repair :cry: .
But better than sitting watching Corrie and Loose woman along with the misses :LOL:.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I agree. There is a celeb every year that goes far further than their ability should dictate. I know it is ultimately a popularity contest but losing some good dancers technically to someone more inept but more social media savvy or in the public spotlight in their normal role isn't right.
I agree but it is an entertainment show first & a dance competition second - there's plenty of instances where someone has won it and the more accomplished dancer/performer doesn't because they don't get the public vote (mostly because they might have done some ballet as a kid and for some reason, the great British public think that that's some sort of massive advantage)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My youngest getting better every day after her tonsillitis

All 3 kids asleep in their own beds by 7 .. without my wife here (not alone I had assistance lol) been a good week since she slept in her own bed

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I agree but it is an entertainment show first & a dance competition second - there's plenty of instances where someone has won it and the more accomplished dancer/performer doesn't because they don't get the public vote (mostly because they might have done some ballet as a kid and for some reason, the great British public think that that's some sort of massive advantage)

It's always about the journey which is why the public tend to as they do. Much the same on things like the X factor