Things That Gladden The Heart

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A great three couples in the final of Strictly…we ? ? Rose and Gio…but truth is, and somewhat unusually, we love all three finalist couples.

Felt for Rhys, but once he was in the dance off with John they were saving only one

I feel that the judges favour johnanus which is unfair as you are supposed to mark the celeb only really. Not the pro. Then again John is a very good dancer just felt rhys was better this week.

Rose to win

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The NHS.

Obviously things are tough ATM with covid but their embracing of tech to help the situation is great.

Youngest has had a temp since sat night, on and off. We rang drs this morning for an emergency appointment for today. All had gone (only annoyance is wish they had call waiting queue rather than keep dialing until their not engaged from 8am)

So reception said call 111, they will either send you to a Dr, arrange a call back or even call us and say she's priority make room

So called 111, following the process.

20 min on hold then through, Dr will call you today

Hour or so later the nurse calls (much like when you first go a&e) she sent us a link so they can use our phones camera to video call them .

Not too concerned, not a high priority so Dr will call between 6-7 so don't worry. Doing all the right things etc

So instantly puts wifes mind at rest

And that's so much better than waiting at a&e for basically the same service just having to entertain a child in not their home.

Her temps down to 36 again so just carry on . Eldest at school, her twin is at nanny's getting attention so youngest can rest in peace

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Felt for Rhys, but once he was in the dance off with John they were saving only one

I feel that the judges favour johnanus which is unfair as you are supposed to mark the celeb only really. Not the pro. Then again John is a very good dancer just felt rhys was better this week.

Rose to win
In truth we felt that though Rhys was very good there were aspects of his dancing that were still just a teensy bit too stiff…and John is v good. We think it’s Rose vs AJ. Both tops.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
In truth we felt that though Rhys was very good there were aspects of his dancing that were still just a teensy bit too stiff…and John is v good. We think it’s Rose vs AJ. Both tops.

I think that now we are down to the public vote only, Rose is the only winner. Cannot see either of the others getting more votes.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think that now we are down to the public vote only, Rose is the only winner. Cannot see either of the others getting more votes.

Well she hasn't been in the dance off yet so the vote is there

Prob for the best tho as Craig is the only judge that marks correctly

Anton's alright but the others just overly praise average

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Rose to win
We've felt that Mosti & Shirley have overmarked John several times and he certainly wasn't the better dancer in the dancer off, as Rhys smashed the samba.
We've also gone off Johannes this year, as felt that he's purposely gone out to overshadow John every week - the pro is supposed to make the celeb look good but instead, it's been the JoJo show for the entire year.
Also wish he didn't cry at the drop of a hat as well.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We've felt that Mosti & Shirley have overmarked John several times and he certainly wasn't the better dancer in the dancer off, as Rhys smashed the samba.
We've also gone off Johannes this year, as felt that he's purposely gone out to overshadow John every week - the pro is supposed to make the celeb look good but instead, it's been the JoJo show for the entire year.
Also wish he didn't cry at the drop of a hat as well.

Definitely

In the early days they wouldn't even give constructive criticism to John, was all about praising the fact it was a same sex couple. Seemed unfair on the rest of the field as was untouchable for comment but then they started to pick up on mistakes.

One week when motsi said but your such a lovely couple. Sorry so are My mum and dad but they can't dance for toffee .. mark on performance not how they go together

If we going to mark on couples should be AJ as they are together so are the only couple lol

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The NHS.

Obviously things are tough ATM with covid but their embracing of tech to help the situation is great.

Youngest has had a temp since sat night, on and off. We rang drs this morning for an emergency appointment for today. All had gone (only annoyance is wish they had call waiting queue rather than keep dialing until their not engaged from 8am)

So reception said call 111, they will either send you to a Dr, arrange a call back or even call us and say she's priority make room

So called 111, following the process.

20 min on hold then through, Dr will call you today

Hour or so later the nurse calls (much like when you first go a&e) she sent us a link so they can use our phones camera to video call them .

Not too concerned, not a high priority so Dr will call between 6-7 so don't worry. Doing all the right things etc

So instantly puts wifes mind at rest

And that's so much better than waiting at a&e for basically the same service just having to entertain a child in not their home.

Her temps down to 36 again so just carry on . Eldest at school, her twin is at nanny's getting attention so youngest can rest in peace

Just to add to this impressive service

Drs just phoned ... They said the time for a 1 year old was a bit off because they get worse at night so we thought call you now

Antibiotics , sent to the local chemist pick up in an hour

Fantastic service ?

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Definitely

In the early days they wouldn't even give constructive criticism to John, was all about praising the fact it was a same sex couple. Seemed unfair on the rest of the field as was untouchable for comment but then they started to pick up on mistakes.

One week when motsi said but your such a lovely couple. Sorry so are My mum and dad but they can't dance for toffee .. mark on performance not how they go together

If we going to mark on couples should be AJ as they are together so are the only couple lol
God, so true - although that's probably the only thing that Motsi has said that makes sense :ROFLMAO:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Made it back onto the putting green this morning, great to be doing something golf related after a 14 month break ?.
Great news mate. Take it easy and hopefully you will be gracing the fairways again come spring. Do you have any mates that you can walk a few holes with, when you are able, to start getting fitness back before you start swinging again?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great news mate. Take it easy and hopefully you will be gracing the fairways again come spring. Do you have any mates that you can walk a few holes with, when you are able, to start getting fitness back before you start swinging again?

Still got another couple of months before I can try and swing, two lots of abdominal surgery, so being ultra cautious. Starting if with putting, something I neglected so a good time to work on this, may do some chipping next year. But I'm ready to go for spring, fingers crossed and time to look for a club to join ??

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Definitely

Wife was watching results show I glanced up and said that there’s only one couple going through, so it wasn’t a shock to see them go through.

I just couldn’t watch the same sex couple anymore they are just so camp it started to be cringeworthy.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife was watching results show I glanced up and said that there’s only one couple going through, so it wasn’t a shock to see them go through.

I just couldn’t watch the same sex couple anymore they are just so camp it started to be cringeworthy.

Refuse to watch the results show, it's the whole farcical event. The fact they try and act like it was last night even tho everyone knows it's an hour later

I just have Dave Thorpe on Twitter and find out about lunchtime Sunday and play a guessing game with the wife

Save myself an hour in the evening

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Free prescriptions in Scotland.
The amount of Meds my Mrs is on makes me mighty glad of that.
I balance out the act as I was asked who my doctor was recently only to be told he retired 3 years ago.:love:

As an aside my wife has traced her side of the family back to Robert the Bruce.
On the side of his daughter Margaret' s marriage to one of the Stewart family.

Essex girl with Scots heritage.....now.
Junkies Doon frae Troon :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just to add to this impressive service

Drs just phoned ... They said the time for a 1 year old was a bit off because they get worse at night so we thought call you now

Antibiotics , sent to the local chemist pick up in an hour

Fantastic service ?
Had similar experience with BiLs GP practice and local general hospital (Chesterfield Royal) today. Various scans and checks all triggered by GP to be done within a week and antibiotics prescribed.

Absolutely superb.

My wife is going to write to the trust and practice commending the practice receptionist who took our call this morning; the GP who called us back within a couple of hours - and immediately set up an X-ray appointment; the hospital dept who arranged x-rays for within 2 hrs of the GP contacting them; the dept doing the x-rays earlier this afternoon - and the GP just phoning us with her initial diagnosis, Anti-bs prescription, and next steps.

Long Live the NHS; Protect the NHS

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Refuse to watch the results show, it's the whole farcical event. The fact they try and act like it was last night even tho everyone knows it's an hour later

I just have Dave Thorpe on Twitter and find out about lunchtime Sunday and play a guessing game with the wife

Save myself an hour in the evening

I never watch it now I think it’s wrong the best dancers don’t get through, happens every year.

Also all the fawning over each other the judges and contestants, all so false.