Things That Gladden The Heart

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Walked over to Greenwich for lunch - and to see Boaty McBoatface. Ok, ok I know that's not the ship's real name - but of course we all know it'll never be known as anything else...

Havent seen Greenwich so busy since before Covid.

I've never got over the fact they didn't officially name her/him Boaty McBoatface and having a submarine so named just doesn't make amends!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am worried about her health lately and hope it's nothing serious. I know she's 95 but can't imagine this country without her at the helm...

I agree, the thought is absolutely depressing.

My fear is that we're going to lose her the same year we lose David Attenborough!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Took the dog for a walk on the golf course earlier and he didn’t find any golf balls.
So I had to throw an apple for him to chase instead. He carried the apple all the way back to the caravan

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Counting the first two full poppy tins for the poppy appeal. Really chuffed how generous some folk are.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cousin's are going to come over in December to ours for first time since covid. They been slowly braving going me mum's and meeting the girls .. but we gonna have a full out curry night

Sent them all the recipes that I think they will enjoy

Told them pick a main and few sides and I'll make them up proper feast out

Can't wait ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Our wonderful Queen.

just to endorse.

We had our 100th Royal British Legion Ball last Month. 205 folk there. Anyway as is tradition, there are 3 toasts. The first to the Queen.. unbeknown to my Bro in law who is chairman of the branch. I had written a letter to the Queen asking that could she address the ball via letter. She did. So when it came to toasting the Queen. That honour was down to a current serving member of the forces who works in bomb disposal ( and does he have some stories to tell). He was in the last Queens birthday hours list. Anyway when it came to toast the Queen he says “ mr Chairmam our patron would like to address the Ball” and with that I handed Bro in law the Queens response. His face was a picture. He walked to the stage and read the Queens letter. I swear to god the silence was deafening, there were a few tears shed, Mainly from ex service men. The round of applause was deafening. It was an astonishing moment. I thought it would be a good idea. But the response was one thing I will never forget.
Suffice to say Bro in law was speechless and said letter will now be pride of place where ever it is displayed

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
inCollage_20211102_150338394_copy_1024x1024.jpg

Well the twins love the new car seats for the Corsa (their first seats for the Corsa.. only month until they can use them) their massive ones never fit but juggernaut fits them

PXL_20211031_151011326_copy_1024x674.jpg

Shame the stroller (second hand one I picked up this weekend doesn't fit) but hey still useful for the other car

We can't take the twins out just in this together if we need a stroller but if I'm going my mum's with the girls or just the twins and my wife we can now take the electric car and leave the dirty diesel behind

Every little helps