Things That Gladden The Heart

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched a game of cricket in Mitcham, saff London yesterday. Some very friendly people floating about. One Caribbean lady walked on the pavement alongside the ground, gave a cheery wave and called out to the players "have a good game lads!" whilst one of the wicket-keepers gave me a nice wave and a smile as I was wandering back to my car. And the umpire came and had a chat and thanked me for coming. Nice to see some pleasant people around.

Londoners are obviously not as unfriendly as they are made out to be! Or maybe its a north-south London divide thing?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Watched a game of cricket in Mitcham, saff London yesterday. Some very friendly people floating about. One Caribbean lady walked on the pavement alongside the ground, gave a cheery wave and called out to the players "have a good game lads!" whilst one of the wicket-keepers gave me a nice wave and a smile as I was wandering back to my car. And the umpire came and had a chat and thanked me for coming. Nice to see some pleasant people around.

Londoners are obviously not as unfriendly as they are made out to be! Or maybe its a north-south London divide thing?

or maybe its just a cricket thing ;)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
2-Litre bottles of Ginger Beer, Dandelion and Burdock or Cream Soda at Tesco for 50p each.

Fizzy drinks - really bad for you - but I like to live dangerously.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got back from the Lindisfarne Festival a few hours ago, what a great time. Live music, huge crowds and a really friendly atmosphere, couldn't have been any better ?
Pick of the acts we saw, a band called The Turbans, caught them in a small tent around midnight on Friday and they were sublime.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
2-Litre bottles of Ginger Beer, Dandelion and Burdock or Cream Soda at Tesco for 50p each.

Fizzy drinks - really bad for you - but I like to live dangerously.

That brings back very distant memories of the Corona man delivering to my grandfather's house for us boys. Dandelion and Burdock was my favourite in those days.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yesterday morning Mrs Colch decided that she wanted a roast dinner for lunch today. Told her to get the joint of beef out of the freezer and then went shopping for the extras. Looked at the size of the joint and realised it was far too big for the 4 of us. My dad and stepmum have recently moved down to our town so they're now only a 2 minute walk away rather than an hour drive. Phoned them at 8-30 last night and invited them round for lunch. Previously it would've taken a month's notice to arrange lunch with them but they were free and came round today. Dad turned up with a bottle of 19 Crimes Australian red wine which was excellent, I would highly recommend it. Lots of things to gladden the heart in the above.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Ooh the Corona Man. Scavenging empty bottles from anywhere to get some money off (2p I think)? Hate Dandelion & Burdock though!
Yes, I remember it went up from 3d to 2p (4.8d) when decimalisation came in.

Corona was invented by two Welsh geezers in the 1920s. William Thomas and William Evans. The original logo was 7 bottles forming a crown (corona)
The deposit was a ha'penny.

corona.jpg

Last edited:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had our 20 week scan 2 weeks ago - so happy to say im having a baby boy!!!!

Now just to engrain AVFC and Golf into him :ROFLMAO:

Tried that with both my boys. Took them to watch Colchester from as soon as they were able to sit still for 90 minutes. Older Colch Jnr now wants to be a Man Utd fan (not in my house) and younger Colch Jnr isn't really interested (which I can just about accept).