Things That Gladden The Heart

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ahh now I see the input power is 2430W that’s about 10A so you will be pulling just over 20A per circuit if they are running simultaneously. (Which they will) whilst it dominates the circuit it should be ok, unless the circuit also supplies your kitchen then you could have an overload.

(Regs recommend fixed equipment over 2Kw is wired on a dedicated circuit)

Yes it would supply the kitchen

However their are two ways round I think, fused spur at each unit or I have a spare 32amp fuse on the fuse board so could go into that

Upstairs and loft would be fine as no other real power draw comes from there

Car has it own RCD I think but it's seperate from my unit

Be interested to see how it works because the triple system will be one per floor and the 2 system will be 1 on middle and ground floor .. so the outside fans would either both be upstairs power ,one on each, or downstairs[/QUOTE]

Sure the guys installing it will know what they are doing. Putting a fused spur by each unit (which you have to do anyway) will not save your kitchen ring from overload, if the AC pulls 10A, you plug the kettle in, another 10A, either your dishwasher, oven, washing machine on at the same time could cause nuisance tripping of the circuit breaker.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
How you getting 10Amp Paul? If the load is 7.9 Kw then you will be pulling 34Amp. (I can’t see all the info on the left though)

10.8 seems to be the rated input current from the table which had me confused with the 7.9Kw load.
Unless 10.8 is the per unit and 3 x 10.8 is the full load?

That might be why its a 13A fuse per unit but the combined load would be my concern along with other appliances potentially pulling from the same ring.[/QUOTE]
Probably will need to be a motor rated circuit breaker too .

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ahh now I see the input power is 2430W that’s about 10A so you will be pulling just over 20A per circuit if they are running simultaneously. (Which they will) whilst it dominates the circuit it should be ok, unless the circuit also supplies your kitchen then you could have an overload.

(Regs recommend fixed equipment over 2Kw is wired on a dedicated circuit)

Quote is in and paid

Confirmed that only need normal plugs , no spurs , no consumer unit

3 day job tho

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My longest serving pupil has finally moved on....but it wasn't without incident.
Her Provisional licence lives in the silicon cover of her phone..it's always there, every time she gets in the car so it didn't occur to me to not ask if she had it....
She'd left it at home
And we were sat in the test centre....
Fortunately she only lives 5 minutes away.
Unfortunately we had 6 minutes until test time....
I had a quick word with the examiner and he gave me an extra 5 minutes...
So if you saw a blue driving school car zipping across Aylesbury, simulating a Grand Prix .....that was me..
The 10 minute trip took 6, she went out and passed....
Hallelujah...

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
My longest serving pupil has finally moved on....but it wasn't without incident.
Her Provisional licence lives in the silicon cover of her phone..it's always there, every time she gets in the car so it didn't occur to me to not ask if she had it....
She'd left it at home
And we were sat in the test centre....
Fortunately she only lives 5 minutes away.
Unfortunately we had 6 minutes until test time....
I had a quick word with the examiner and he gave me an extra 5 minutes...
So if you saw a blue driving school car zipping across Aylesbury, simulating a Grand Prix .....that was me..
The 10 minute trip took 6, she went out and passed....
Hallelujah...

Is that really good news ??

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
6 days in a row of cases dropping. This is the first time that case numbers have dropped without an associated increase in lockdown restrictions.