Things That Gladden The Heart

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Macclesfield FC. The new owner must be putting in millions. The stadium has had a major upgrade. Brand new 4g pitch. New seats. New bluddy everything actually. Brand new sports bar that is awesome ? and almost impossible to get in as it is almost fully booked for the first week and champions League final is booked out already. New era for the club. Pitch is in constant use. Kids free training on a Tuesday night. Not boring anyone am I?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not getting rained on at golf today.

Shame it took us 4.5 hours in a ball stableford but at least the ominous black clouds that appeared on the 17th waited until we'd finished...I might not have been held responsible for my actions if we'd got a soaking...a gladden and irritation kind of day!

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not getting rained on at golf today.

Shame it took us 4.5 hours in a ball stableford but at least the ominous black clouds that appeared on the 17th waited until we'd finished...I might not have been held responsible for my actions if we'd got a soaking...a gladden and irritation kind of day!

OMG, assume you were held up all the way round.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
OMG, assume you were held up all the way round.

Yep. Most of the round there were 3 groups on 1 hole. I don't like to point the finger but when the average handicap of the two groups in front is 40 then it becomes like watching paint dry. I shouldn't have let it get to me as much as it did though!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Yep. Most of the round there were 3 groups on 1 hole. I don't like to point the finger but when the average handicap of the two groups in front is 40 then it becomes like watching paint dry. I shouldn't have let it get to me as much as it did though!

Its pretty much impossible not to when the pace of play is like that though!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Now if only clubs would make it mandatory for high handicappers to go out last..............

??

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now if only clubs would make it mandatory for high handicappers to go out last..............

??

Agreed and they don't but we always aim to get out in the first couple of slots. When we booked we were first out and then they added some slots before us and didn't move us/give us the option to move earlier. We had a 5 and a 7 handicapper so it was always going to be an issue. Words have been had!

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nice sunny day for the first time since the time of Creation. Just fired up one of those cheapo portable BBQs, threw a couple of burgers on it and had a break from work sitting in the sunshine eating totally an anti-vegeterian lunch.

And my Tampa Bay Lightning went 2-0 up in their best-of-seven series with the manky mob from South Florida and my baseball team won too.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Nice sunny day for the first time since the time of Creation. Just fired up one of those cheapo portable BBQs, threw a couple of burgers on it and had a break from work sitting in the sunshine eating totally an anti-vegeterian lunch.

And my Tampa Bay Lightning went 2-0 up in their best-of-seven series with the manky mob from South Florida and my baseball team won too.
My hockey team too - walking down the Riverwalk and having a beer in the sunshine before watching them stuff Buffalo a couple of Januarys ago was great - they got voted best fan experience in sport that year and they way they treated the public was night and day better than anything I've seen before.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Men or ladies? You just let people through if you are slow. I can't understand why anyone would not let through or are they just oblivious. I have some I wont play with in a comp just because they are slow.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Men or ladies? You just let people through if you are slow. I can't understand why anyone would not let through or are they just oblivious. I have some I wont play with in a comp just because they are slow.

Ladies who were also in the comp. I'm hoping they picked up when out of the hole but will check when the results come through. It actually became embarrassing as it was our exchange day so a comp for those not playing in that. The visiting players were out in fours and all but caught us up after 10 holes :oops: