Things That Gladden The Heart

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My hockey team too - walking down the Riverwalk and having a beer in the sunshine before watching them stuff Buffalo a couple of Januarys ago was great - they got voted best fan experience in sport that year and they way they treated the public was night and day better than anything I've seen before.

I've watched every game this year on NHL.tv - just get up early the following morning and stay off social media. Then do the same thing with the Rays. Jeff Vinik is so far and away the best owner in sports.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Few issues on way.. complete rewire of garage due to unsafe wiring installed in the 70s probs when it was just for lighting but someone decided to run sockets off it .. for crying out load

A

I Have lived in two houses where either a previous owner or original electrician tried their best to kill me.

Last house expose wired with absolutely nothing connected to it just where you naturally put your hand when going in to the loft.

This house - one of the sockets in the kitchen on different ring to all the others which had then been wired in to same ring (hence connecting the 2 rings)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I Have lived in two houses where either a previous owner or original electrician tried their best to kill me.

Last house expose wired with absolutely nothing connected to it just where you naturally put your hand when going in to the loft.

This house - one of the sockets in the kitchen on different ring to all the others which had then been wired in to same ring (hence connecting the 2 rings)

This house a bit of that bit not too much

Garage fixed

Lights in kitchen extension on ring main not lighting

We do up the house as we get the time so we have done a fair bit to it, lot better than when we moved but it was pretty nice when we moved in apart from the dodgy wiring lol

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cute in the day. At night please leave us alone lol

My twin sisters are 10 years younger than me. When they were about eight months old, their cots were next to each other and the two of them would stand there chattering away to each other in their own little language. Then they got into the habit of pulling off their babygrows and throwing them on the floor. My parents started putting them on backwards in the hope it would stop them. So one would turn round and the other would undo the poppers. At eight months! It was pretty funny watching it through the crack in the door.

Now they are both in their mid-40s, living in Australia and allegedly still throw their clothes off at night and throw them on the floor (according to my brothers-in-law).

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A sort of “gladden the heart…” I have a round of golf booked for Monday. 18 months after my last round. Not expecting to complete the round, or break 80, but just looking forward to being out there.

I expect Monday evening will see a random irritation but just one par will make me happy.