Things That Gladden The Heart

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Having had to spend the last 3 months drinking instant coffee after shattering my cafetière; opening my birthday gift from my family yesterday, a Sage Barista machine. My taste buds like me again. It’s like pure nectar.

I have the Barista Pro and its mmmmmmmm

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the Barista Pro and its mmmmmmmm

Yep, we've got the Express. It's amazing! I'm still getting used to applying the right amount of pressure when tamping as it really needs much more than you think to get the right pressure when the coffee is pouring, but even bad coffees taste good!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Yep, we've got the Express. It's amazing! I'm still getting used to applying the right amount of pressure when tamping as it really needs much more than you think to get the right pressure when the coffee is pouring, but even bad coffees taste good!

The thing that made most of the difference to me was buying a coffee distribution tool. So, I rarely use the tamp any more and I always make my coffee on the manual setting, but, like you rarely have a bad coffee.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
WTF is a coffee distribution tool?!

Loads for sale on Amazon etc.

So you currently grind the coffee into the portafilter and tamp it down. I found that if the pressure down is to much , too little and especially if its crooked the resultant coffee is poor. A distribution tool has two parts joined together, which can be altered for depth and you use it in place of the tamper. So, knock the ground coffee level as possible in the portafilter, put the distribution tool on, spin the tool in the portafilter and " Bob's your golf pro" a nice, level coffee ready to make.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
bought a new car today and glad I left early as someone turned up later to look at it. ;)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
giphy.gif

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in the medal this morning and played to handicap. Had a beer after sat outside. Just as I got into car to come home it starts hosing down with rain. Leeds on TV in 30 mins. A good day.