Things That Gladden The Heart

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know where I'm going when I need some new speakers, they look wicked ?

Cheers. They sounds pretty good too for it being a small Bluetooth amp. Only rated at 2 x 20W but they will easily fill a medium sized room with loud but clear sound.

Think the bronze drivers were the right choice to offset the white. Originally had black ones in mind but glad I changed.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a week this has turned out to be, just checked my emails from yesterday when I was off, and I've been given a pay rise! I'll have to buy a lottery ticket now, good things come in threes right?

All good in your household ...

I'm going to predict Mrs comes in with a pregnancy test for number 3 ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of those rare days today when I am actually glad to see the rain.

So long since we had any I have forgotten how many weeks it has been since we had some.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of those rare days today when I am actually glad to see the rain.

So long since we had any I have forgotten how many weeks it has been since we had some.
My course has been dry as a bone, the green speed last weekend you'd think it was the middle of a heatwave. Can't believe how little it has rained this month. So much for 'April showers'.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finally passed my driving test - only took 13 years and 6 attempts. ?

After I took my first test I realised I had best give up driving to get all the bad habits out of my system and did so for nearly 3 years. (I learnt to drive at a young age and did loads of driving without a driving instructor including driving to work and back for about a year. Originally I was taught to drive by someone who rallied and I had copied a lot of his driving techniques

My proper driving instructor said to me (after I passed my test with him) his initial thoughts were " here we go, another boy racer" and the early lessons were all about calming my driving down and learning what a tester would be expecting.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Should have bought one from China. Mine was rated as 600W:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The speakers look really good.

Some of the amplifier power "claims" are ridiculous. I tend to only use amps and drivers by a limited few companies now after buying a cheap 1Kw 10" sub that was a paper cone and a very, very thin with it. Also had very little excursion without looking like it would just rip apart.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of the amplifier power "claims" are ridiculous. I tend to only use amps and drivers by a limited few companies now after buying a cheap 1Kw 10" sub that was a paper cone and a very, very thin with it. Also had very little excursion without looking like it would just rip apart.

My main HiFi speakers are over 40 years old and I have never wanted to change them they were bought after months of listening to just about every make under the sun and they came from a small independent maker. It made me realise that speakers should be bought according to your music tastes. Mine at the time were highly eclectic and these were the best across a range of genres heavy rock to to light classical.

The blue tooth amp was bought to power and old set of speakers retained from composite HI Fi system and is just about good enough to get the volume I need in a bedroom.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
After I took my first test I realised I had best give up driving to get all the bad habits out of my system and did so for nearly 3 years. (I learnt to drive at a young age and did loads of driving without a driving instructor including driving to work and back for about a year. Originally I was taught to drive by someone who rallied and I had copied a lot of his driving techniques

My proper driving instructor said to me (after I passed my test with him) his initial thoughts were " here we go, another boy racer" and the early lessons were all about calming my driving down and learning what a tester would be expecting.
My problem was always the opposite, no confidence at all, too much to think about and worry about. Switching to automatic was a game-changer as I pretty much was able to stop worrying about operating the car and just focus on the road and other road users. I'm more likely to drive too slow than too quick I think. ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My problem was always the opposite, no confidence at all, too much to think about and worry about. Switching to automatic was a game-changer as I pretty much was able to stop worrying about operating the car and just focus on the road and other road users. I'm more likely to drive too slow than too quick I think. ?

I forgot to say congrats by the way.

I have driven auto boxes for over 40 years, they take take so much hassle out of driving. I did go back to manual a couple of times but only because I needed something to teach each of the children in but both cars were sold as soon as they passed their tests.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
My main HiFi speakers are over 40 years old and I have never wanted to change them they were bought after months of listening to just about every make under the sun and they came from a small independent maker. It made me realise that speakers should be bought according to your music tastes. Mine at the time were highly eclectic and these were the best across a range of genres heavy rock to to light classical.

The blue tooth amp was bought to power and old set of speakers retained from composite HI Fi system and is just about good enough to get the volume I need in a bedroom.

I am building the speakers and tuning the sound to the size of the cabinet.

So each crossover is designed and built slightly different to account for baffle compensation on, say a surface mount driver versus a recessed versus a rear mount.

The little ones above are tuned to 55Hz and crossover at 4500Hz so the highs don't sound harsh due to the size of the tweeter vs the cabinet.