Things That Gladden The Heart

D

Deleted member 1740

Lonnie Donnegan’s lad on The Voice singing with Sir Tom a song Lonnie wrote for Sir Tom.

Think I’ve got something in my eye....

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wilt by Tom Sharpe.

It must be over 30 years since I last read this book but giving it another read after finding it in the loft whilst looking for something else.

Brilliantly funny book.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Reading a friend's blog. She is 9 months into being diagnosed with metastasised breast cancer - first diagnosis was almost 2 years ago. The secondaries in her spine, neck, liver, head and hip are shrinking. Her white cell count is now high enough for her to shorten the gaps between chemo.

Its not a war that can be won but she's pushing back the time that it will be lost. And more importantly, she and her friends continue to fill every day with good, bucket list experiences.

Please raise a glass to a very fine lady... current treatment is no longer working. The tumours are all growing again, and the next round of treatments will be a little more brutal.

Have a great weekend folks. Tuck your little ones in a little tighter and hug your partners a little more.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Please raise a glass to a very fine lady... current treatment is no longer working. The tumours are all growing again, and the next round of treatments will be a little more brutal.

Have a great weekend folks. Tuck your little ones in a little tighter and hug your partners a little more.

Sorry to hear that. She sounds a fighter so hopefully can take the treatment and respond well.

Wolf

Visit site
My 7 year old daughter being accepted for a place and one of GB best gymnastic gyms after a trial there.

My 8 year old son today asking "Dad can I try playing golf" he's never been interested before so I'm looking forward seeing him have some fun with it.

Ultimately these 2 heart gladdening moments today could prove damaging to my wallet

Last edited:

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched a farming program about someone keeping bees this week. They were in some kind of heaven talking about them and you could see it meant the world to her and that warmed my soul.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My 7 year old daughter being accepted for a place and one of GB best gymnastic gyms after a trial there.

My 8 year old son today asking "Dad can I try playing golf" he's never been interested before so I'm looking forward seeing him have some fun with it.

Ultimately these 2 heart gladdening moments today could prove damaging to my wallet

If Carlsberg did Saturdays....

Good news and hope your daughter can go on to great things and your sin really gets the golf bug. You're right though, it's going to get expensive

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
More of thing to make me smile

Turned on the TV this morning and it was on a cookery programme
"where are the oysters" the chef asked
Turned over to BBC 1 just as Dan Walker said
" the're behind us"

Wolf

Visit site
Today got offered a new job that means less working weekends, no late night or ridiculously early starts like I currently do and a significant pay increase. So that means more time and money to spend on the family and golf.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Today got offered a new job that means less working weekends, no late night or ridiculously early starts like I currently do and a significant pay increase. So that means more time and money to spend on the family and golf.

Happy days 🍻

Wolf

Visit site
Holly Willoughby and that black dress this evening, Mrs Wolf called me into the front room specifically to see what she was wearing...