Things That Gladden The Heart

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
my stalker on here replying to everything i post with the standard dig, usually involving him googling something..:rofl:

luckily i have him on block so can't see it.... cheers me up every time:rofl::rofl::rofl::clap:

D

Deleted member 15344

Waking up this morning to see my lovely daughter laying there smiling her head off at me - there is no better way to start the day

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sat in the Cancer unit at Sunderland Hospital today and they have a brass bell on the wall that patients can ring when they either finish their chemo or they have been given the all clear by the consultant.

Seen it rung twice today, fantastic to witness and the joy on the face of the 2 who rang the bell was beautiful.

Yup, I can relate to that joyous feeling. :whoo:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sat in the Cancer unit at Sunderland Hospital today and they have a brass bell on the wall that patients can ring when they either finish their chemo or they have been given the all clear by the consultant.

Seen it rung twice today, fantastic to witness and the joy on the face of the 2 who rang the bell was beautiful.

Good times.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having the opportunity to see Aussie Floyd with my brother Golfmmad who we used to listen to Pink Floyd back in the day, listening to one of these days from Meddle was so good , thanks for the ticket Chris :thup: Also we got two rounds in;)

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Brilliant. Great band. Where did you see them?

I saw them in Glasgow with my wife then I was due to fly home , Chris ( Golfmmad) then phoned me and said he had a extra ticket to see them in Brighton near where he lives and would I like to come down, so booked a easyJet to Gatwick from Edingburgh , down Thursday night back to Edinburgh Sunday. Back home Monday great weekend.

D

Deleted member 16999

Watching the Emergency Services getting the recognition they deserve.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Took the eldest for a little putting yesterday. Just a taster to see what she thought.

Ended up playing 9holes and only coming in when we could barely see the flags.
Her little face every time she putted or chipped one close was a picture.

The guys who we slipped in behind even bought her a hot chocolate when we popped into the clubhouse as they’d seen her raking bunkers.

Last edited:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Guy in the office has 4 year old daughter... lovely family.... The little girl has "selective mutism" - quite rare, she started working with a new therapist last week and has made huge strides in the first week, including talking to her grandparents for the first time. His face was a picture when he told me about it... made me smile for the rest of the day

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Met a lovely old man today at Munich airport. He could barely speak English, I'm the same with German. He was flying to London for the first time for 55 years. He had worked there for a couple of years in the early 60's but had not been back. His wife had died two years ago, "life is (insert expletive) now without her" he said. He didn't know how long he had left, his words, and so he wanted to go back to see his old stomping grounds. His brother was flying in from Hamburg to meet him in London so they could do this together.

Anyway, he was a bit overwhelmed by the airport there and at Heathrow so I stopped with him, took him as far as I could in Heathrow. We talked with plenty of gestures and smiles and parted with a hearty handshake. Lovely bloke looking to remember old times in his twilight years.